Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

LVP Radio - Closed down.
Hello {{mynickname}}! Please take a moment to read the following information through.

Why LVP radio? So I got this idea about starting a radio stream myself. I didn't have any subject and calling it "Felle's radio" or similar would be boring and not attract any listeners whatsoever. That's where LVP, and exactly, you guys came into the picture. I know there was something similar a while before (not sure whether it was public though), however it's not up often as far as I know.

So why am I doing this? Well, I need something to do and I've always liked streaming radio and when I was a little kid I liked to pretend I worked on a radio station. I used to sit with my dad's CD's and play them on our old stereo. Good old times.
Anyway, I wasn't supposed to talk old memories. A few months ago I brought you the Now Playing thread. I first thought of creating some statistics from that topic about what people listen to, I even got a bit ready. But, a lot of people listen to the same things and that's when it hit me. A radio stream? Why not?

What I am expecting? Actually, I can't expect anything. Really, once listener would be good as I've earned some attention. On the other hand, that feels pretty much useless. Depending on how much interest is shown. I mean, this topic could have 0 replies and be lying around until eventually forgotten. But I still hope that interest will be shown.

What do you need? Winamp is recommended, but the stream does work with other music players aswell. Get winamp here!

Is there anything for you to do? Yes! Except for listening and showing interest, feedback and requesting music I am currently searching for DJ's. If the interest is big, maybe we could have streaming > 12 hours a day, with different people acting DJ's. That might be dreaming, but we could even have a schedule, like any TV or radio channel. That would surprise me positively, but for now random streaming will do.
Eventually I will also put up a list of streamers and other in this topic, as I already have a few people interested in streaming.
If you are interested please PM me or post in this topic!

Where is the stream? The stream is kindly hosted by Woet from midna.nl. It could be up streaming 24/7 if we had the DJ's and listeners for that. Here are the important addresses you need to know:

Stream: http://dedi.azer.nl:8000
The stream is always accessable and will give you the information whether it's up, what song is currently playing, who is streaming, etc.

IRC Channel: irc.gtanet.com #LVP.radio
Join IRC to request music, talk about the radio or other things. "Now Playing" messages are allowed, as long as they are from the stream!
Useful commands:
  • !request <artist> - <title> (LVPRadio/Henry - Request a song)
  • !np (LVPRadio - Displays the current DJ and song streaming)
  • !song (LVPRadio - Only shows the current song)
  • !complain <complaint> (LVPRadio - Complain about songs, or DJ's/quality, whatever comes to your mind)

Stream information:
As the time passes by, we should see how everything develops, and how much information will be submitted to here. So far, I've accomplished to make a tiny list of the current DJ's who have access to stream.

Current DJ's:
Feedback is more than welcome, as well any ideas or questions you may have about this.
Stay tuned!

Info updated: 29/2 -08.
That's a good idea. Will tune in :)
Very nice idea! :)
I used to do this myself too!
Might be able to do this every now and then :)

Listening now :D
Nice Felle
(01-01-2008, 10:02 PM)Felle link Wrote: I used to sit with my dad's CD's and play them on our old stereo. Good old times.

Lol you're 13. When was the 'good old times'  _O-

J/k. You sound like a 25 year old :P

Anyways, good idea.. I'll tune in sometimes
COOL!!!!
(01-02-2008, 01:21 AM)theInfamous link Wrote: Lol you're 13. When was the 'good old times'  _O-

Roofl yean but Inf. realy someone likes oldmusic, like me 70 disco rooofl.. its too goood on shake in car and pimp on road LV xDDD
(01-02-2008, 01:21 AM)theInfamous link Wrote: Lol you're 13. When was the 'good old times'  _O-

Yeah well I classify 7-8 years ago as old times :+ Although I see your point, but you have to see the sarcasm in my post aswell :)

Updated the page with some commands for the IRC channel.
Will soon return with a list of DJ's.
I know, but I just wanted to say that..  :+
Updated with a list of the current DJ's. Or in other words, the people who have access to streaming..
If I forgot anyone, please tell me so. :+