Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Complaint] Admins ability to see PM's
I cant see why people would want to read Pms though, I mean,  few Factors:
  • You Cant spam in Pms, Lets face it, the new system makes it impossible.
  • Logs can be created with Pms written.
  • It wont have any affect on cheaters if admins cnt read em, Since Anti-Cheat is on.
  • If Someone swears, users caps, or Bullys someone else, Then Maybe they can report it, and admins have the ability to read a certain persons pm, Only 1 at a time, Just incase a problem does arise

Pms should be 100% private.
Agreee With Jay.. ! :)
Agreed
I don't. You're missing the point - they're still private even if administrators can see them. We don't make them public, or release information that's undisclosed in PMs to the public - unless it's something regarding a ban or such. We needs these PMs to be able to fall back on for information to do our jobs. As we are the ones that run this server, I feel it's fair that we get to monitor your activity - it's not like you pay a subscription fee or such. Monitoring of PMs happens on most servers, and you should get used to the fact that wherever you go there's always someone watching.
(11-21-2007, 05:23 PM)Jay link Wrote: I cant see why people would want to read Pms though, I mean,  few Factors:
  • It wont have any affect on cheaters if admins cnt read em, Since Anti-Cheat is on.
  • If Someone swears, users caps, or Bullys someone else, Then Maybe they can report it, and admins have the ability to read a certain persons pm, Only 1 at a time, Just incase a problem does arise

Pms should be 100% private.

Right....so ur saying that we make a cmd that can go back in time and play back all the PMs that a certain person sent? I really dont see how that will help...

Also, we basically are the anti-cheat (plus SAC), thats why you have to report cheaters.
PMs shouldnt be readed by admins... its privacy!!!11oneeleven  :(
Administrators will not loose the right to read the private-messages sent by other playerd on the Las Venturas Playground SA:MP server. And that's final.
I love final verdicts. They're so...final  :D

But I agree. "Private" here doesn't mean "strict privacy between two players", but merely "not visible in mainchat".
Most of the PM's here are chit-chat anyway.
When you want to talk to someone about your latest drugdeal or your plans to assassinate president Bush, I suggest you use msn, IM, IRC or whatever. (and then hope that is not monitored as well...)
I think Admins do have a right to read PMs but aslong as what they read they keep to themselves and if what they read its a threat to the server it should delt with only admin discussion not public but public only if needed.
Just found out about a ban-evader by reading his PM, he was a bit suspicious. :)