Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Las Venturas Playground 44
Hi all -

I'm please to announce Las Venturas Playground 44.

The first key update is that we've re-implemented all communication on the feature: from chat, to private messages, phone calls and commands such as "/announce" and "/me". They're now all written in JavaScript, fully tested, and have been completely revised to be far more consistent, stable and configurable as possible.

Secondly, following a keen observation by Deer_Hunter, we identified and addressed a series of performance issues on the server. There is still more work to do, but we've fixed the primary pain points.

The full list of changes is as follows:
  • FEATURE: A new type of reaction test has been implemented: remember the number.
  • FEATURE: Gangs are now able to set the preferred skin for their members with "/gang settings".
  • FEATURE: All communication is now subject to a common set of blocked words and substitutions.
  • FEATURE: The server is now able to fix people's grammar in appallingly poor cases.
  • FEATURE: Player mutes will now persist between playing sessions.
  • FEATURE: Administrators can now view user notes in the "/account" command.
  • FEATURE: Administrators can now access the "/lastbans" command, and unban people from there.
  • FEATURE: Administrators can now control communication features using "/lvp settings".
  • FEATURE: Nuwani now supports a "!discord" command.
  • FIX: Gang zones will now actually show up on the map.
  • FIX: Bank account balances will be included in statistic displays again.
  • FIX: Property earnings that would overflow a bank account will be given in cash again.
  • FIX: The "/show spraytag" text has been improved, and "/show discord" has been added.
  • FIX: The "/show nick" text will now tell players to use the "/account" command.
  • FIX: Players will no longer be penalized for being idle on the server.
  • FIX: The "/call" command will no longer apply animations, or prevent you from fighting.
  • FIX: The Nuwani "!ban" command will no longer recognise IP addresses as Player IDs.
  • FIX: IRC messages shown after using "/sell all" now include the correct price, rather than $0.
  • FIX: Muted people cannot talk in gang chat anymore.
  • MISC: Per-player settings have been migrated to a Supplement.
  • MISC: The "/r" command is now available to all players, not just VIPs.
  • MISC: Team chats have been removed for a series of minigames.
Many thanks to Holsje and Specifer for their contributions, and to Xilent, Sinned, Deer_Hunter, H4ls3y and Luce for filing issues.

Finally, we are experimenting with Oscar "Slice" Broman's samp-weapon-config script. It's not enabled on Las Venturas Playground itself, but we do keep it enabled on the beta server to get a better understanding of how it actually works. You can join that server by connecting to play.sa-mp.nl:7778, and we're actively looking for feedback and experience.

Best,
Russell
Awesome new features, Russell! N1.

Ideas for the next update:

- gang bank account (where it's members can withdraw/ deposit cash for all members)/
- reward for accomplishing all achievements (/my achievements)

Still on the achievements, when a player reaches all the 53 achievements, it does not actually display them at the quantity:
  • I got 3 last remaining ones which makes 47 achievements accomplished:
[Image: sa-mp-022.png]

• But not fully displaying it at total:
[Image: sa-mp-021.png]
Thanks for the good work Russell!

(05-15-2020, 12:20 PM)Fallen Wrote: Still on the achievements, when a player reaches all the 53 achievements, it does not actually display them at the quantity:

Because there are currently only 46 achievements available to be completed. Many were removed and I would suggest rather replacing them than decreasing number down to 46. As it already previously got decreased down to 53.
(05-15-2020, 12:53 PM)Deer_Hunter Wrote: Thanks for the good work Russell!

(05-15-2020, 12:20 PM)Fallen Wrote: Still on the achievements, when a player reaches all the 53 achievements, it does not actually display them at the quantity:

Because there are currently only 46 achievements available to be completed. Many were removed and I would suggest rather replacing them than decreasing number down to 46. As it already previously got decreased down to 53.
 u should bring back the whole 65 old achievements back
(05-17-2020, 04:55 PM)LikeG6 Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 12:53 PM)Deer_Hunter Wrote: Thanks for the good work Russell!

u should bring back the whole 65 old achievements back

I'd suggest a new achievement: throw flamers out from the server
Thank you so much for all the good work Russell and everyone who contributed! You guys are truly awesome!  O+

I got to test some of the updates in-game and they're really enhancing the playing experience. Once again, well done and thank you for keeping LVP alive!