Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

In-game account management
Hey folks,

The next release (LVP 43) will contain a new command: /account. It will allow registered players to manage their own account without leaving the SA-MP server.

The initial set of features includes:
  • Ability to change your nickname,
  • Ability to change your password,
  • Visibility into your player log (all past kicks & bans),
  • Visibility into your most recent sessions.
On top of that, a VIP only feature will be made available as well:
  • Management of your nickname aliases, enabling you to add and remove these as you see fit.
We've got a few more thoughts about functionality that can be added, but I'd love to hear your ideas too. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Russell
that's really cool, in game name change is great just make the cool down shorter
(05-02-2020, 05:44 PM)Zeus_ Wrote: that's really cool, in game name change is great just make the cool down shorter

The minimum time between changes is 30 days by default, but can be overridden by Management members. We think this is reasonable.

VIPs further have the ability to manage their aliases: those allow for a shorter period, as you're able to add or remove aliases after seven days. This probably is a tad on the short side, but experience will teach us.
I think alias management should remain with LVP crew in my humble opinion
(05-02-2020, 05:24 PM)Russell Wrote: Hey folks,

The next release (LVP 43) will contain a new command: /account. It will allow registered players to manage their own account without leaving the SA-MP server.

The initial set of features includes:
  • Ability to change your nickname,
  • Ability to change your password,
  • Visibility into your player log (all past kicks & bans),
  • Visibility into your most recent sessions.
On top of that, a VIP only feature will be made available as well:
  • Management of your nickname aliases, enabling you to add and remove these as you see fit.
We've got a few more thoughts about functionality that can be added, but I'd love to hear your ideas too. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Russell

Just what I was thinking yesterday . It is good that players have the ability to change their own nick and also add !addalias too and next day you did it lol . I'd love to see Joe's issue of #517 . In-game /unban but I'd like to add a new feature (Ban tag ) it is like four digit variable or constant (d3f7) where you could see /lastbans with ban tag and immediately do "/unban Nickname d3f7" . It's easier this way and ensures crew members are not in a haste while unbanning particular person . And when banned it would show " Joe has banned Specifer for Shipnading for 10 days (Tag:d3f7)" . In which ban list could be accessed from /lastbans .
Specifer, they have something like that called an address. 4 digit tag might be useless and odds are less that these tags will be useless when addresses usage is around
Good work as always :D
IP address you mean . /unban 000.00.00.00 is going to be far more time consuming and not easier to view . plus in /lastbans or ban list . you can't feed all the address there . cause there will be more space consumption and it is possible . But tags are better . for example someone banned ID.2 instead of 22 . then it will show who banned whom with (tag) . So we can simply put /unban 7u8g Whom . That's it no need of IP usage  . if this might be used later then it will be somewhat reducing the hardness for crew to Unban players . Plus you wouldn't need to show IP for privacy use , Tag belongs to LVP so it can be exposed everywhere . Plus if a guy who was banned , Appeals for ban . He would type his exact nickname .
So while he does that the website automatically adds the tag to his post . either visible to everyone or only to admins and managers . But either way bringing tag system seems best for me .
(05-03-2020, 06:10 AM)Sophia Naz Wrote: Specifer, they have something like that called an address. 4 digit tag might be useless and odds are less that these tags will be useless when addresses usage is around

Disagree

I don't think so the 4 digit tag is odd and useless. The 4 digit Idea is overwhelming, it should be applied in the upcoming Updates.
I don't know how far this conversation will go but I think it will be better if there's no ban tag added in the mere future