Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Can we discuss this?
Hello everyone.

I have some questions and proposals that I put to your consideration.

1. When a fight ends?
The answer can be easy: -When one of the opponents dies-
However, if "the opponent" does not die because he manages to flee or the offender gives up the attack, then at what moment can either of them use a command without being accused of evading death?
The opponent may be geographically far from his offender and has no way of knowing if his attacker desisted from the attack or is planning a / tp or something similar.
So my proposal is that after participating in a fight nobody can use commands until he dies and returns to the game. If both: Attacker and Persecuted then it is unfair that the persecuted can not use commands to flee but the offender has all the tools to continue harassing him, there is no equality of resources.

2.-Evade death and evade a fight are the same thing?

When two opponents face each other and some of them use some command to avoid death it is evident that the rule is broken, however if a player is not interested in DM and is wounded he can not use any command as he will be accused of evading death.

If DM and FREEROAM are not the same thing, then evading death and avoiding a fight should not be the same thing either.
I read the proposal to grant 10 seconds of god mode to avoid the Spawn kill and I think it is a good option, but I would go further: How about an infinite god mode?
That is to say that when entering the game you have indefinitely god mode that would disappear when the player activates a weapon.
This is a simple opinion that seeks to improve the server but if I am wrong I would appreciate your kind comments.
Best regards.
I've always advocated for higher cooldown times (the time between shooting or getting shot at and being able to use a certain command) as that would make things easier for both players and crew.

As far as the infinite god mode goes, I don't think that would be adequate on LVP. A lot of people might find it convenient and we'd lose the deathmatch side of the server.

Edit: Joe increased the cooldown time to 20 seconds. We'll test it for a while, if that's not enough we can increase it again later on.
Can you Guys explain me about the cool down time ??
I think cooldown time is the time interval in between of the command which is to be available again for usage
eg - after using /tp it required you to wait for 3min
3m is cooldown time for /tp
(01-12-2018, 05:03 AM)Dr.Specifer Wrote: Can you Guys explain me about the cool down time ??

Not cool down time, its a Cooldown System. Pre-installed, server sided, which helps prevent against command abuse during a combat, The system itself detects if a player has made a shot or got hit will not be able to process a command or enter any interior. The command usage gets enabled after Cooldown countdown goes to 0.
(01-12-2018, 07:29 AM)AmmaRz™ Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 05:03 AM)Dr.Specifer Wrote: Can you Guys explain me about the cool down time ??

Not cool down time, its a Cooldown System. Pre-installed, server sided, which helps prevent against command abuse during a combat, The system itself detects if a player has made a shot or got hit will not be able to process a command or enter any interior. The command usage gets enabled after Cooldown countdown goes to 0.

Exactly this.

As I wrote in my previous post, it is now set at 20 seconds. Please give us feedback on it.
(01-12-2018, 10:37 AM)DoctorG Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 07:29 AM)AmmaRz™ Wrote:

Exactly this.

As I wrote in my previous post, it is now set at 20 seconds. Please give us feedback on it.

I Think Its Good , But When I Fell Or Jump , It Looks Like It Takes A Lot  Of Time , But Its Good For NON_ABUSING !
(01-12-2018, 11:30 AM)Dr.Specifer Wrote: I Think Its Good , But When I Fell Or Jump , It Looks Like It Takes A Lot  Of Time , But Its Good For NON_ABUSING !

For that, there is a certain check for detecting whether the "issuerid" is a valid connected player or not.
Code:
if(issuerid != INVALID_PLAYER_ID)
Its implemented already.
(01-11-2018, 09:32 PM)DoctorG Wrote: Edit: Joe increased the cooldown time to 20 seconds. 
annoying as hell
put it like that only for abusers, not for everyone -_-
just tell me, in case we die, then why the fuck we have to wait on this cooldown thingy? it should be reseted after player dies/respawns