Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Deathmatch
Hello,

You know how some servers have /dm and you are put in an arena in a VW / interior and etc
Also there's some people complaining about lag when they are fighting near the ship, this would greatly help those players since they will have a fairer place to fight against other people.

For example a deathmatch zone in the warehouse, one for RW'ers, one for WW'ers, etc
Did you perhaps already try out /fight? You can specify variable locations, weapons, rounds and other stuff. Besides this we do have a seperate /ww, but be sure to check out /minigames!

Last but not least, check out Russell's topic.
I know /fight and everything but don't you agree this would be easier for us ? Most people don't accept /fight's anyway... About /WW and the other minigames, they are abandoned by the players, most of those who joins are randoms that can barely fight, witbh max 5-6 players...

I had already seen the topic, I think I even replied in it (not sure), but 2v2s or 3v3s or whatever is not interesting as much as this imo. Russell's idea would limit the amount of players that can fight, whereas this would be like a fight near the ship but in better condition for the fighters. Also, we can see the aspect "Free For All" in this idea, not like a Gang vs Gang fight.
Before I am going to say anything, keep in mind that I am not a DMer at all in LVP. But thinking like one is no problem, just so you know. ;)

Your /dm sounds to me like a simple teleport-command to some of those places. This sounds to me less fun like a /fight where it does keep track of your stats and other interesting information. For a short-term solution building all this stuff, except only tp to such locations can be an option, is not quite the effort knowing someone else is building something better and larger. I think it would be an option to ask in Russell's topic to make it X vs Y or even X vs Y vs Z.
The goal with the whole new feature Russell is building, he is now on a vacation though, is to be able to do more with fights and keep track of more stuff. Eventually replacing all fight-like minigames with this new feature and be able to create your own.
I guess it could be done this way. My idea was just putting the normal fights that take place near the ship in a place for better conditions.
Anyway you can close this if you want !
Moving the fights from the ship, which is a safe-zone, to another place is certainly an amazing idea! I'll keep this topic open so we can take a look about the possibility for the short-term solution. ;)

Thank you!
Sounds interesting :p and pretty fun!
This suggestion is utterly considerable to be honest. As being a dm'er, we really need to have deathmatches with multiple sequences as follows:
/dm 1 - Sawnoff + Uzi = Runnies DM I
/dm 2 - Sawnoff = Runnies DM II
/dm 3 - Deagle + Shotgun = Walkies DM I
/dm 4 - Deagle = Walkies DM II
/dm 5 - Minigun = Minigun DM
/dm 6 - Sniper = Sniper dm

Before joining a dm, Your current position, health, armour, world id, interior id, your weapons and other server sided values will be saved in a variables

After joining a dm, you get teleported to specified coordinates with certain world id. Your current textdraws will be replaced with  the following values:
Your Ratio: 0.0

Top 3 Killers of (DM1) - Kill streaks will be calculated here
 AmmaRz - 8
 Legeoner - 7
 Jasmine - 6

The more the streak the higher the rank.

/Exit, /Leave, /DmQ - Will get you out of the dm right after 5 seconds to prevent abuse.
Edit1: During the timer, Chat bubble should appear up over the head of player so other can see that player has signed out for dm. saying "Leaving the deathmatch in 'bla' seconds"

After leaving the deathmatch, Your previous coordinates will be loaded with all of your previous data.
(if player gets a kick/timeout during dm, the last values saved in a variable will be auto saved in temp file, that temp file gets deleted as soon as loaded again in OnPlayerSpawn).

I can help in collecting the coordinates, In making textdraws, in making dms.

Regards,

AmmaRz™
I agree with AmmaRz proposition. I think it's simple but contains what I wanted to see.
Another advantage for this is to leave freeroamers alone, a while ago TEF has proposed to implement a GTA V passive mode thing. This proposition would grant this peace in a way, as players will fight in /dm. (Fights outside of the deatmatch will still be a thing)