Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Dubbed as the most significant update to Windows 10 since its initial release just over a year ago - the update released yesterday - 03/08/2016 - known as the "Anniversary Update" is here. Figured it'd be interesting to see what others make of the update, and any experiences thus far.

Couple things I noticed after updating yesterday evening:
  • A notice appeared upon boot informing me that my DisplayLink software had been removed/disabled due to compatibility issues. I did, however, find this article: http://support.displaylink.com/knowledge...windows-10

• Several stock applications that I had previously removed from my task bar have now re-appeared. These include Microsoft Edge, and Windows Store. Personally I have no interest in either - I've unpinned them once more.

• My default web browser was changed from Chrome to Microsoft Edge, and attempting to change it back via the Windows Settings interface yields no joy. Edge seems to be stuck as my default browser. No error messages or anything - it just doesn't change. 
  • Windows Defender has re-enabled itself after I had previously disabled it in favour of Avast & MBAM. I see this as a trivial problem, the intentions with MS are probably good - they want to prevent compromised PCs. 
Other than those things, everything seems stable :)

Has anyone else updated; what do you make of the update? 

Changelogs: 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...te-history
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=822545
I'm most worried about the gta:sa failure you're talking about, it could be just you? Or might be a serious issue that will occur to everyone.. Either way I'm not updating! :o 

Thanks for the notification George!
Why do you always update so quickly when it always comes with unnecessary trouble? :D
(08-03-2016, 10:04 AM)Finisha Wrote: I'm most worried about the gta:sa failure you're talking about, it could be just you? Or might be a serious issue that will occur to everyone.. Either way I'm not updating! :o 

Thanks for the notification George!

Quite possibly - yes. I heard from someone else who updated that GTA:SA launches with no issues...so it might be specific to my machine. 

(08-03-2016, 10:39 AM)Gibbs Wrote: Why do you always update so quickly when it always comes with unnecessary trouble? :D

Because...update and things! :+
Starting up and unlocking laptop has become significantly slower.

GTA:SA launches fine.

Chrome is still my default browzer, maybe dive into the registery Granny?

Windows apps have been reinstalled but CCleaner does a fine job deleting them. Settings seem to be the same. Disabled services have all been re-enabled (HomeGroup, Telemetry shite).

Don't forget to run Disk Cleanup after updating to remove 23 gigs of old windows shit.

I do not like the visual changes at all, every thing was fine before.
NO SOUND AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10.

Quite simply after updating to Windows 10 I've have had no sound on my computer for months now and don't know what to do. I've updated drivers like 12 times and I still don't get any sound and it's annoying having to put headphones in all the time. I have an Alienware and the crappy part is that I'd only had it a couple weeks before it happened. It happend right after the update so I'm guessing it has to do with something on the OS. Please help. Thanks.

DO u have any idea what's going on...?
Xbox app is something that is very handy, the only problem I had was fixing the graphics drivers and its issues because it didn't update automatically, and didn't open SA-MP, no crash however, it just didn't open, but that was because the switching between processors wasn't set up well, had to do it manually and update drivers

edit1: game freezing recently, any advice?
Try to change compatibility settings of both gta_sa.exe and samp.exe to Windows ME, XP, 7 or 8, and run them both as administrator.
(08-05-2016, 12:51 PM)_ANONYMOUS_ Wrote: NO SOUND AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10.

Quite simply after updating to Windows 10 I've have had no sound on my computer for months now and don't know what to do. I've updated drivers like 12 times and I still don't get any sound and it's annoying having to put headphones in all the time. I have an Alienware and the crappy part is that I'd only had it a couple weeks before it happened. It happend right after the update so I'm guessing it has to do with something on the OS. Please help. Thanks.

DO u have any idea what's going on...?

Have you tried using Windows' Troubleshoot sound problems feature? Simply right click the sound/audio icon in your taskbar and hit the aforementioned option.

This might also be relevant: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/windows-10-how-...de-1513693

Furthermore, updating drivers is not always the solution. Sometimes downgrading can work wonders :)
had a quick windows 10 update a while ago, also with my wifi adapter plugged in cpu stayed at 91% fml.
i reverted back