Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Ammunation: per-session or persistent?
Today, most of your sessions will start by using /taxi 4 to buy a bunch of weapons for your playing session. It's rather repetitive.

Do you think it'd be better if you would instead buy a certain amount of bullets for a weapon, which'll last until you run out of them, regardless of when that is? (Between sessions as well.)

That way, you could decide to invest lots in weapons once or twice a month, and you wouldn't have to bother getting new weapons every session.
Interesting idea, I have some thoughts:

If you look at other games, let's say, GTA V Online, for the sake of staying in the Rockstar family - your ammunition will follow on from the previous session. I.e. if you had 50 rounds of a sniper rifle, used 49 of them, quit and rejoin, you'll then be left with just 1 round. Logically speaking, I think this makes sense.

However, on the flip side, this leaves people with less to spend their money on. I think I once heard a player mention they spent something like 500k each session just on weapons, but this is overkill for most people I think. On the flip side (once again): with a better regulated economy, as is being worked on, the flow of cash won't be so generous and as such, my original point has less weight against it.

There's also the possibility that this change will increase the amount of deathmatch, which is surely a positive, given that we advertise DM as a primary feature. I say this because there's times when I join the server and with the default ammunition, you can't go on much of a killing spree - perhaps you'll take out 2-3 players if you're lucky. If you only fancy playing for 15 minutes or so, are you recently going to want to fork out cash on buying weapons?
Russel, hasn't this already been implemented in the past? I recall spawn weapons being a feature around 2.9/3.0.

Though this was a good feature; as someone previously mentioned it gives players less to spend their money on. In a virtual world where there's already limited stuff to blow your cash on, this could be a bad decision.
if I die, do I lose my weapons? when does this actually ever end? Oo
(08-08-2016, 12:05 AM)Huracan Wrote: if I die, do I lose my weapons? when does this actually ever end? Oo

Same question, it would be over powered to have tons of weapons over and over again, plus isn't there an infinite ammo glitch?

Why don't we just set players' spawn in locations near Ammu-nation, or add some new "shops" where to buy weapons, maybe one inside the ship so players can refil when needed while they are fighting on the street.