Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Should we make changes to interiors?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep it as it is.
9.52%
4 9.52%
Remove godmode in interiors, which avoids interior laming in the future.
9.52%
4 9.52%
Remove godmode in interiors, with the exception of Ammu-nations and the Main Bank.
80.95%
34 80.95%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fighting in interiors - What do you think?
(05-25-2016, 03:10 PM)Deer_Hunter Wrote: Why I dont like the idea of removing godmode in interiors is; Those who run into can easily spray the guy that comes behind them so the lamers will now have some sort of advantage as soon as they learn how to use it, which makes it even WORSE!

Solution,

Add a script which doesn't allow us to enter interiors 10-15 seconds after shooting/being shot. I've seen how this works in other servers already and it's very useful thing.
Adding some extra time I think would be a bad idea, cos if we actually win a fight and the player we killed now is trying to get back to us, we won't be able to get in and refill.

- Now just imagine 2 guys who were being chased all over the map, they camping in interiors, nading/spraying and taking everyone out 1 by 1, that's some lame sheet right there and it would be much worse than the thing we currently have. If u ask me, its easier to spec those for a while (and I can say those players are often the same guys, and LVP isn't running with 100+ players so what a big deal; our admins could definitely take some extra job) and warn/jail/kick than to deal with new problems such as camping in interiors and stuff like that..

A script is do-able, but what about players who have no intention or interest in deathmatch? I don't like the idea of them trying to get to cover and being killed in the process.
We already let those who have no intentions in fighting to get away from fights even with commands if needed, if someone's messing with their game they could tp away change worlds and stuff like that.

I just want to say, in the server I used to play, which has godmode removed in interiors, I would easily evade dying by entering one and waiting on my opponent to spawn so I can kill him, or I'd go out as soon as he enters it and gain few seconds which is usually enough to get away.. All in all pretty useless. As a DMer I don't like the idea of seeing/having fights in interiors at all.
the 3 one seems best
(05-25-2016, 03:10 PM)Deer_Hunter Wrote: Solution,
Add a script which doesn't allow us to enter interiors 10-15 seconds after shooting/being shot. I've seen how this works in other servers already and it's very useful thing.

I was just going to say that *HIGH FIVE*
Well, before anything we should try to go straight to point and solve the problems which are facts. Not letting opinions take over troubles.

You guys have facts. Certain cases of players (who have been given administrators commands and unfortunately they still use them in the wrongest and most incorrect possible way who get themselves involved in a fight and in order not to pass away, keep abusing 'em by simply spectating the IDs. So, due to this specific and particular case, I don't feel that LVP players got their game and fun sheltered). Another one stands for "being lame". Honestly, that should not be the point. While the server does not have tools to avoid interior abusing to evade death, bans/kicks shall help in absolutely nothing. It is like speaking: - do what I say or you're out. As far as I just realized, this is a thread to get everybody's points of view and make things better for everybody, not? Sincerely, we would not need a bunch of admins if we had automatic tools to solve these issues. This way, you guys shoot two birds in one shot.

1. Remove godmode from all interiors: Great idea! This way everybody does whatever they feel like doing. That makes the game more competitive. It'd be one less thing for admins to take care of.

2. Remove godmode from all interiors but Ammu-nation/Bank: Is there a level of importance for each interior? 

3. Keep it as it is: If the idea is to keep it, so the job is up to the admins do their best to accomplish it.

The problem here actually goes beyond what has been proposed. While we do not fix a clear Board of Rules which goes straight the same for players and players who got administrators commands, even creating automatic tools would not solve it at all. Once I had everything somebody wish they could not lose, everytime I tried to go outside, they kept going straight to where I was. So, what's the point of godmode if at anytime a player can get hit while being spectating? Weather disable it or let them spectate players only when there's a /REPORT [ID] cmd activated.

Basically, I am not the only exclusive/unique player who's currently dealing with such a damn thing:

And, obviously last but not least, we clearly see how some undercover players who got cmds to abuse on others spread kindness:

[Image: sa_mp_086.png]

_

My suggestion would be the implementation of an automatic tool which prevents any (admin or non admin) player of stepping inside any interior in order to avoid whatever it is if she/he decides to take part on a fight or simply disabling godmode in everywhere interior, excepted on Ship.
(05-25-2016, 03:10 PM)Deer_Hunter Wrote: Why I dont like the idea of removing godmode in interiors is; Those who run into can easily spray the guy that comes behind them so the lamers will now have some sort of advantage as soon as they learn how to use it, which makes it even WORSE!

Solution,

Adding some extra time I think would be a bad idea, cos if we actually win a fight and the player we killed now is trying to get back to us, we won't be able to get in and refill.
I have voted for the 3rd option too but by far this is the best post in this topic which explains everything.
Even before I opened the topic and saw the options I knew this option is the ideal one, but I also know those 2 specific interiors are the ones which is used mostly (At least Ammu if not Main Bank at all.) So this would reduce interior laming only a little.

Second point is about camping with spray&nades. At first I didn't think about what Deer said until I saw the post but that's not something I haven't seen. In fact I had played in a server which allows that and believe me, it can be way worse than interior laming.

So, as Deer said, a script which prevents player to go through interiors during a fight looks like the best solution for now. Just like what we have in The Ship, when player goes to the pickup it just teleports him/her a little away with the same 'recent gunfight' warning. It's not a new invention and I have seen it being applied perfectly in some servers.
I know it's been a long post but I wanted to make sure that I explain myself clearly :)
Not sure why the second and third options were even proposed if ENTERING/EXITING (or fake entry) vehicles constitutes as a rule breaking offense (only by some admins?).

Players can similarly do this with interiors by exiting at the moment they enter (since there is a delay). The pursuer who follows the runner into the interior will run into problems such as ambush and timing exploits (enter/exit) done by the runner to achieve an unfair kill or damage evasion.

Your best option would be keeping godmode but replacing all of San Andreas' entry and exit points with your own pickups and implementing some functionality that prohibits entry to an interior if a player has received damage in the past 'X' amount of time. This time can be the same as the time used for prohibiting teleport/taxi or car spawning abuse when a player has taken damage.
Thanks for your opinions!

We'd love nothing more than to script the whole interior thing ourselves. The problem is that over 200 interiors exist, and this requires us to a. find each interior entry, b. look up where this leads to, c. script this. We currently have no man-power to implement this. However, we could do this for a few interiors, like Ammu-nations and the Main Bank. Read on for my proposal.

So for now, as a sort of band-aid, we want to fix the current interior laming problem. As far as you are concerned, this area definitely needs progress.

Removal of godmode will give a new perspective to the DM-part of the game, since you are now able to fight indoors, but you'll have to look out for ambushes and such (as PacoBeanZ explains). I do however agree with the fact that abusing spraycan and explosives is a problem, we should not allow that. We can definitely script that such weapons are to be removed when the player enters an interior, and return those weapons once the player leaves the interior.

It is of importance to protect players who just connected, or are entirely new, and that's why keeping godmode in Ammu-nations and the Main Bank is a must. We can script the entrances and exits of these (~5) interiors to disallow entrance when in a fight, and this solves the problem of abusing these interiors.

tl;dr
- Removal of godmode in interiors, disabling of spray-can and explosives upon entry
- Godmode in Ammu-nations/Main Bank. These interiors will have scripted entrances which disallow entry when having dealt damage in the past x minutes
(05-26-2016, 08:28 AM)cake Wrote: - Godmode in Ammu-nations/Main Bank. These interiors will have scripted entrances which disallow entry when having dealt damage in the past x minutes

Sounds good Cake, maybe if u could add to the list burger n cluckin bell interiors also, basically those ints where we can refill our HP. (just the ones in LV would be cool)
Will put it on the list :)