Las Venturas Playground
Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? (/thread-33049.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - cake - 05-25-2016

We've been having an internal discussion about this feature, and we'd like to hear your voice on this too.

Fighting in interiors is currently not allowed, and bullets are not able to damage players inside. This however leaves us with a problem: interior laming. This laming happens when a player fighting on the outside decides to go indoors to avoid the fight/death. This is not allowed by our rules, but it is hard to enforce because we can't watch every player continuously.

The poll states a few ideas about what we could do with interiors, but please reply with your thoughts on this as well.

When making a decision, keep in mind that there are also players who use interiors to shield themselves from pro DMers, to avoid being spam-killed.

RE: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - Sand - 05-25-2016

Remove godmode in interiors, which avoids interior laming in the future. :P

RE: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - Diablo - 05-25-2016

I prefer third option.Remove godmode in interiors except Ammu and Main bank.At the sametime,modify the rule as 'Do not run into Ammu or Main Bank during fight'. This will reduce random interior abuse and will be limited to Ammu and Main bank only.

RE: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - Ricky92 - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 11:53 AM)Diablo. Wrote: I prefer third option.Remove godmode in interiors except Ammu and main bank.At sametime,modify the rule as 'Do not run into Ammu or Main Bank during fight'.

same

RE: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - George - 05-25-2016

I voted for the third option.

Players (no matter whether they're DM or Freeroam/Roleplay oriented) should be able to freely use ATMs and purchase weapons without having to  approach with extreme caution that they're going to be killed whilst doing so.

RE: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - DoctorG - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 12:22 PM)George Wrote: I voted for the third option.

Players (no matter whether they're DM or Freeroam/Roleplay oriented) should be able to freely use ATMs and purchase weapons without having to  approach with extreme caution that they're going to be killed whilst doing so.

That.

RE: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - S0n1c - 05-25-2016

I was going to post something about this soon, suggesting the third option of the poll. Seems like cake was faster :P
So, I have been fighting people many times, and whenever there was an interior they could use to avoid death, they did that. Which means the rule about "interior abuse" is completely useless if we leave things as they are now. My suggestion is to go with the third option as it sounds just fine to me, also remove the rule about interior laming.

RE: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - Carol_Anthony - 05-25-2016

I was Accidentally Press Option 2.... And Wanted To Change it To Option 3 Because It Has Godmode,and u can Bank Easily (Those Players Dont Have Premium Bank)

RE: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - George - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 02:59 PM)Carol_Anthony Wrote: I was Accidentally Press Option 2.... And Wanted To Change it To Option 3

[Image: Oi8bNOV.png]

RE: Fighting in interiors - What do you think? - Deer_Hunter - 05-25-2016

Why I dont like the idea of removing godmode in interiors is; Those who run into can easily spray the guy that comes behind them so the lamers will now have some sort of advantage as soon as they learn how to use it, which makes it even WORSE!

Solution,

Add a script which doesn't allow us to enter interiors 10-15 seconds after shooting/being shot. I've seen how this works in other servers already and it's very useful thing.
Adding some extra time I think would be a bad idea, cos if we actually win a fight and the player we killed now is trying to get back to us, we won't be able to get in and refill.

- Now just imagine 2 guys who were being chased all over the map, they start camping in interiors, nading/spraying and taking everyone out 1 by 1, that's some lame sheet right there and it would be much worse than the thing we currently have. If u ask me, its easier to spec those for a while (and I can say those players are often the same guys, and LVP isn't running with 100+ players so what a big deal; our admins could definitely take some extra job) and warn/jail/kick than to deal with new problems such as camping in interiors and stuff like that..