Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Forum Software Updated
Greetings,

I've updated our forum software from MyBB 1.8.6 to 1.8.7. This update contains fixes for 83 [mostly] bugs and 13 security vulnerabilities.

More information can be found here and here.

If you come across any issues and/or abnormalities, please let us know :)

Many thanks,
Granny
Good Job!
Gj granny!! :)
Good news!
Dear Granny,

My apologies for gate crashing. I was apprised of this announcement by a mutual friend of ours.

It unfortunately is an indisputable fact that not many people appreciate the importance of security updates to otherwise straightforward software. A new theme, updated emoticons or even slightly updated styling; people care so much more about the aesthetics of a bulletin board, oblivious to the complexity underneath.

This is reflected in society as well. Charisma, fashion and overall appeal are valued far more than one's beliefs. It is force of personality that makes Donald Trump winsome in the eyes of many Americans. Ignorant, perhaps deliberately so, to the ludicrous background of the message he portrays.

I digress. In recent times we have seen eight published, and four unpublished vulnerabilities to MyBB. In comparison, we have seen respectively three and one for your previous choice of software, SMF. This is a testament of success, of popularity. Despite the repulsive feelings this may yield, I believe there is a lot of opportunity to be found here. One man's trash is another man's treasure, as my late father used to say.

There is an intriguing analogy to be drawn here with evolution. Continuing the thoughts provoked by Spencer in Principles of Sociology, the perpetual burden of meeting the lower bound of ever-changing requirements in a vertical as volatile as bulletin board software can strain an individual. We can only show deep appreciation for the work done by you and the MyBB team.

This brings me to Las Venturas Playground. I hold any community that appreciates the importance of security updates in high regard, and would be most willing to contribute in any way I can. I understand that you live in the United Kingdom, so I have planted a tree with the National Forest in your honour.

http://www.nationalforest.org/giftshop/i...74b1ac01b5 (also attached)

With deepest regards,
Mark

Attached Files
.pdf   Personal_Certificate.pdf (Size: 991.62 KB / Downloads: 28)
Thank you Mark for your efforts to improve our environment. This will help with balancing all those kg's of CO2 we've been producing with our servers.
Please accept this drawing of a spider as a token of our gratitude.

[Image: spiderdrawing.gif]

Most Sincerely,
Joeri
Forum has been updated again with fixes for caching modules and search.php

I don't think these changes are likely to cause problems, but as with any maintenance, there is an element of risk involved.

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commit/c7a8...60c0c0d9c0
It's seems people are getting admin rights on forums :D
(04-01-2016, 11:35 AM)Lash Wrote: It's seems people are getting admin rights on forums :D

shh lash, dont tell anyone ;)
(04-01-2016, 11:35 AM)Lash Wrote: It's seems people are getting admin rights on forums :D

Wait, is it Christmas already? :D