Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Bugged Minigames
Hello all :)

Many of our minigames are bugged - some of the bugs are more serious than others, and render problems which I suspect are causing players to leave. The reason I say leave is because there's no often no indication of how the players can quit a minigame return to "normal". As a quick example, below is a screenshot taken whilst myself and Deer_Hunter were in /knockout (which is bugged). There's no textdraws like we have in other areas (e.g. map zones, stating /leave, /flip, /vr, etc). 

[Image: RbrZH0H.jpg]

This is one example of one of our most-bugged minigames, as it's impossible to win (or loose) given that "stay within the world boundaries" continuously appears meaning you cannot get close to your opponent in order to kill them. As such, players are left with two options: /leave (which is not clearly advertised) or /q. I can also re-produce this issue on our test server.

Another example would be /derby 0. Shortly after players sign-up, their game will crash
NOTE: I cannot re-produce this on our test/beta server, however I do see that the test server is running LVP 26.1 and not 26.5

Quote:[01/03/2016 - 15:41:50] *%Nuweni:%#lvp.echo* *** [BB]DoctorG (Id:14) has signed up for /derby 0.
[01/03/2016 - 15:41:56] *%Nowini:%#lvp.echo* *** [BC]Creeper (Id:11) has signed up for /derby 0.
[01/03/2016 - 15:42:23] <%Nuwuni> [14] *** [BB]DoctorG left the game (timeout).
[01/03/2016 - 15:42:25] <%Nuwoni> [11] *** [BC]Creeper left the game (timeout).

This also happens with /rwtw:
NOTE: I cannot re-produce this on our test/beta server, however I do see that the test server is running LVP 26.1 and not 26.5

Quote:[19/02/2016 - 11:52:58] %Nuweni:%#lvp.echo *** (R2D)Zarko (Id:10) has signed up for /rwtw.
[19/02/2016 - 11:53:00] %Nuwani:%#lvp.echo *** RaknetTMT has signed up for /rwtw.
[19/02/2016 - 11:53:04] %Nuwoni:%#lvp.echo *** ka_derk_derk (Id:7) has signed up for /rwtw.
[19/02/2016 - 11:53:04] %Nuwani:%#lvp.echo *** k2ph (Id:22) has signed up for /rwtw.
[19/02/2016 - 11:53:31] <%Nuwini> [12] *** Raknet[TMT] left the game (timeout).
[19/02/2016 - 11:53:32] <%Nuwani> [7] *** ka_derk_derk left the game (timeout).
[19/02/2016 - 11:53:32] <%Nuweni> [10] *** (R2D)Zarko left the game (timeout).
[19/02/2016 - 11:56:38] <%Nowani> [22] *** k2ph left the game (timeout).

It also seems there's issues with certain FightClub maps:

Quote:[05/03/2016 - 17:02:58] <%Nuwini> [38] [V]TheMightyQ: anyone duel
[05/03/2016 - 17:03:09] <%Nuwini> [38] [V]TheMightyQ: not warehouse cause its bugged

Our community has taken excellent shape over the past few months. Our forum is much busier than it was, as is the game, with many keen and enthusiastic players. We probably could maintain this fairly easily, but driving the community further forward? I'm not so sure. 

At this point, you may be wondering what I'm getting at with this thread. Asking our developers to work harder? Nope. Expecting new developers to magically appear? Nope. What I am in-fact getting at is that I feel we should temporarily remove, or disable, features like /rwtw, /derby 0, /knockout (like we've done with the /race system) until such time as fixes can be implemented. Whilst it seems a shame to do that, I'd rather have that than I would see players leave out of frustration, or because of a crash.

I'm quite happy (others have expressed similar interest) to go through all of our minigames, state their problems along with a recommendation of whether they should remain enabled. 

My feeling is that we should have fewer, fully-functional features rather than a greater number of broken or partially-broken features. 

Relevant minigame cases include: 

https://github.com/LVPlayground/playground/issues/12
https://github.com/LVPlayground/playground/issues/21
https://github.com/LVPlayground/playground/issues/109

tl;dr: The part in bold is most important
If we could get the crash address it may help, is it happening right now on the live server? Could you maybe upload it to pastebin.com?
(03-07-2016, 11:54 AM)Jay Wrote: If we could get the crash address it may help, is it happening right now on the live server? Could you maybe upload it to pastebin.com?

Hi Jay :)

/derby 0: http://pastebin.com/raw/PPnY5hkV
/rwtw: http://pastebin.com/raw/pRCDtyYn

It is indeed happening right now on the live server.
Myself & Deer_Hunter have just tested all the derby events (0-16).

The only ones which caused client crashes were /derby 0 (Bloodbowl 1) and /derby 7 (Bloodbowl 2) - the rest are fine.

Could it perhaps be one or more objects in those two that are causing the crashes?

Edit: It seems that neither of these have any custom/special objects. 

One thing I do notice is that those two are the only derby events where the derby_set_interior value is not 0 but 15. Perhaps the interior in question is causing this.

Edit 2: I managed to get a screenshot just before my gta:sa window closed/crashed:

[Image: YblQa8q.png]

0x544BC8
0x544BBE

Jay's thread seems to indicate that these are object related: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=339691
Yeah it does seem to be something in relation to objects, memory serves it was hard to pinpoint the exact problem when I researched it last time.

Does it happen for every player? Or just you and Deer_Hunter? Do you guys perhaps have any mods installed?

The crash addresses for /derby 0 and /rrwtw are both the same. A quick Google suggests it could be something corrupt in your client side settings and there's a forum post or two which suggests deleting your local settings file. Give it a try, it's in Documents -> GTA San Andreas User files -> gta_sa.set.
Both are in CPhysical::Add(). Looks like allocation of the entity may have failed, i.e. too many objects.
Nope, I don't have any mods, it happens to every other player.
There we go again,

[Image: mNMAgm6.jpg]

This happened after I tried to start  '/random /spankme /ww' minigames. There wasn't batfight minigame going on, I'm sure. I checked other stuff like derbies, haystack, wwtw, it all works except those I mentioned up there, and not sure if there's any more currently bugged.
Also I tried to join batfight minigame, asked some guys to sign in and we did. So it's possible to sign in,  but it never started, I was waiting for a minute then we tried again, still didn't work.
(03-11-2016, 10:04 PM)Deer_Hunter Wrote: Nope, I don't have any mods, it happens to every other player.

Likewise, no mods installed. Reinstalled GTA:SA a couple times since too.

(03-12-2016, 06:46 AM)Deer_Hunter Wrote: There we go again, 

*snip large image*

This happened after I tried to start  '/random /spankme /ww' minigames. There wasn't batfight minigame going on, I'm sure. I checked other stuff like derbies, haystack, wwtw, it all works except those I mentioned up there, and not sure if there's any more currently bugged.
Also I tried to join batfight minigame, asked some guys to sign in and we did. So it's possible to sign in,  but it never started, I was waiting for a minute then we tried again, still didn't work.

We now have the /fixminigames command which should resolve this. Whilst it's of course not ideal, at least no server restart is required.
I've tried the command and this is what I got,

[Image: fYDCx17.png]

"games are in progress" , I guess it's related to batfight minigame, which is bugged so, any solution?