Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Weird screen freezing when I get get the radio stream text
  • Most of the times, whenever I get in a car or closer to a radio and the green'ish radio stream text pops up in the chat...my screen freezes for few seconds. Some say it's bad internet but mine is quite awesome so I don't think so. Any other ideas?
Weired never happened to me. It's surley comes from your pc, try in Solo if it freezes when you get in a car or it's just when the pop out shows up, so you can have a better view of the problem. Hope you fix it.
Any texture mods? Hacks?
nah, clean samp. It only freezes sometimes, like in sessions. I believe it's when the radio feed loads.

I'ts been happening for weeks but most of the time I don't care about it...

EDIT: It happens only when the radio text shows up in the chat (Even tho I tried turning it off and now I don't hear any songs but I still get the issue). I have to mention that I never had this issue before the radio was implemented.
Would you mind connecting to the server and immediately running these two commands?

/radio
/audiomsg (twice, until you see: Audio messages: Off)

If you could let me know how that works out, that'd be splendid :)
I tried it out, Granny. So far, noo freezings.
Thanks
same happens to me all the time...if your radio doesnt work your screen will freeze...but it doesnt freeze EVERYTIME..its random..one time it does..one time it doesnt...people often accused me for pressing ESC because of that xD

Thx for the solution granny..will try that out :D
How are things looking here, any additional problems since making this change?

If not, I think we should look at optimizing how we handle the radio feature, since I too remember having this problem in the past.
I have to use /radio every time I open the game. Except this, things seems to be working fine.
I still had 2-3 freezes while getting into a car next to the ship but the rate at which this happens is considerably lower. Those 2-3 were probably caused by other factors.
Its still freezing for me...but only when I run close to outside radios (ship or ammunation-radio for example)
its not freezing in cars anymore