Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

f.lux - ease monitor eyestrain!
I first found out about f.lux several years back, and, now that the evenings are drawing in faster and it's dark by around 7PM, I figured I'd give it another go. Once installed, you simply input your post/zip code, and it gathers details of the sunset and sunrise for your local area. It's pretty much on auto pilot from this point onwards, and your monitor(s) should automatically adjust.

I figured I'd share this here as it's certainly been helpful for me: https://justgetflux.com/

Quote:Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?

Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?

During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.

f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.
Been using this for years, top 10 best tools 8)
(09-22-2015, 11:12 AM)cake link Wrote: Been using this for years, top 10 best tools 8)
I won't disagree with this! What mode do you have set? I'm on the standard 3400k: Halogen option.

I've also considered purchasing some Gunnars for normal daytime computer use: http://shop.gunnars.com/intercept/d/1027_c_100

Sometimes my eyes get a little tired and dry, and I've heard many good things about this brand -- any thoughts?

End of the day, we only get one set of eyes!
(09-22-2015, 11:12 AM)cake link Wrote: Been using this for years, top 10 best tools 8)
+1
Been using it for years as well, great reccomendation :)
Thanks for this, can't believe I've ever lived without something like this. My eyes fucking hurt all the time, now they won't :)
Wow i had no idea about this tool.Great tip!
(09-22-2015, 11:21 AM)Granny link Wrote: I won't disagree with this! What mode do you have set? I'm on the standard 3400k: Halogen option.
Yep, same. Altho I tend to dim it even more sometimes at night with the superhandy shortcut keys :7