Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014
Cameroon looking a thousand times better than that wannabe-Portuguese team.
(06-23-2014, 10:09 PM)Maka link Wrote: Cameroon looking a thousand times better than that wannabe-Portuguese team.
Was. Would like to see Mexican's faces when they realize(d) their next rival will be Netherlands, haha. Too bad, Croatia seemed more solid.

Well done Brazil, but I think eighth's will be their final match. Quarters by max.
what the fuck is up chilly? i eat red peppers for breakfast son
Here are Tuesday's matches:

Group: D

Time: 16:00

Italy                  Uruguay                            Costa Rica          England
[Image: -m-01_lhg__63x33.png]  vs.  [Image: -m-0329r5__63x33.png]          AND        [Image: -m-03zb6t__63x33.png]  vs.  [Image: -m-02pp1__63x33.png]

//

Group: C

Time: 20:00

Japan                Colombia                            Greece                Ivory Coast
[Image: -m-03xh50__63x33.png]  vs.  [Image: -m-032c08__63x33.png]          AND          [Image: -m-035qgm__63x33.png]  vs.  [Image: -m-040pyq__63x33.png]

Have fun trying to concentrate on either!
Technically speaking, the Costa Rica vs England shouldn't be of much hype. Costa Rica already qualified and England is already eliminated. The Italy vs Uruguay will be one hell of a game; they are playing to see who will qualify along with Costa Rica.
(06-23-2014, 07:09 PM)Jhon link Wrote: I don't disgree with that! (If that's what you interpreted), just that I didn't tune the second half because I was focused on Netherlands vs. Chile. Given their performance (especially the great match they played against Netherlands) and how embarrassing Spain was, they just didn't deserve to lose today. I was also referring to those two matches when I noted the tenacity.

Ah yeah I had a feeling you meant a draw in general.
The match vs Spain wasn't so bad. They dominated up until they scored the first goal, then the remainder of the first half and the first 20 mins or so of the second saw Australia dominating. Still, 30 or so minutes isn't enough to win a game against anyone of Spain's calibre, poor as they may have been this time round.
The socceroos also had a superior second half vs Chile, and the entirety of the match against NL was fairly competitive so I'm sure the team is leaving with their heads held high.
(06-24-2014, 03:38 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: The socceroos also had a superior second half vs Chile, and the entirety of the match against NL was fairly competitive so I'm sure the team is leaving with their heads held high.
That's for sure. Nothing to be ashamed of. What they did was quite remarkable and demostrated, along with other teams that surprised, that there's no "small" team in the competition, they just have ups and downs. Not to blame either, they were in a very complicated group.
I wonder if it has ever happened that the 2 final teams were from the same group, and that the winner of the tournament actually finished the group as 2nd place.  :9~
Hasn't happened.
Closest to that was in the 1962 world cup when both Brazil and runners up Czechoslovakia were in the same group.
They drew their match but Brazil finished the group in first.
Forza italy rape suarez