Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Auto-Aim
Okay, today there was some argument over using auto-aim or not.
Should it be allowed?
It is rather hard to keep track of IMO...  ;(
So I don't know how it is going to be kept under control  :X
Official Management statement:

The last time there were many conversations about autoaim using a Joypad. Someone even was kicked once because he had an autoaim function of his Joypad on. The guideline for admins is that autoaim with a Joypad is ALLOWED. But autoaim using a cheat remains DISALLOWED.
When I owned SETI@HOME I saw Grove with some other guys talking about aim-bot. I find it lame when people use an aim-bot. :( What's so funny about it? Maybe you can use a game-bot so the game gets played by a bot. Then you only have to see what's happening. :z

Bots are lame! :r
Lame.. in what way?

Using a joypad gives you:
- Slower movement
- When auto-aiming you can't move at all (If im right)
- Auto-aim doesn't hit very well

So, 3 disadvantages.
Shall we do the advantage of using a joypad with auto-aim?

There isn't, because it just don't hit very well.
Ok, I just wanted to know what the stance on using Joypads is :)
Tomozj has to use one anyway, he has a mac, so one mouse button only  :P
I didn't know anything about a joypad. I thought it was a program that you install so you have a perfect automaticly aim. Thats what I think it's lame. You don't need skills to kill someone. That would definitly decrease the fun of the game imho. :)

My previous reply was writen before there was an 'Official Management statement'.
It's 50/50 with joypads. I have times where I can't shoot a single thing using auto aim. There are times I have the greatest bullet-hit rate on server. I can't do headshots, I can't turn around quickly, and more stuff.

It's quite balanced. Users on keyboards with modifications to have lockon is lame. That only shows that you cannot play with what you have.

-tj

P.S. Vulk: It's a 4 button mouse, but only allows one button to click down due to it's design. Not exactly the best for gaming. But I have a controller for that :)
Nice mouse  :o

I dunno about keyboard macros, I would love a Logitech G15 myself  8)
If ure talking about 3rd party aim bots of course theyre banned. Like in every single fps game theyre banned, they can be set to get a headshot all the time (rather obvious to detect the idiot that sets it up like that though).
You don't need joypads, and you can move just as fast.