Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Which laptop/PC do you use?
(11-01-2013, 03:25 AM)LetzFetz link Wrote: Do u even lift? :D

Slap sb with that beast and he probably gonna die  O-)

its not that bad
I have a HP Elitebook 8540w which I bought on a discount through my university. The casing is sturdy like hell but battery only lives 2 hours max, which sucks monkeyballs.
I've pimped it out with 12gb of ram (it has 4 slots, ermagerd) and a secondary SSD sacrificing the DVD slot to make it blazing fast.

Once this machine dies I'll probably get an Macbook Pro since Apple is like the only company that knows how to do batteries right, 9 hours is insane.
lol macbook pro, paying for brand top lel
(11-02-2013, 01:20 PM)Shark link Wrote: lol macbook pro, paying for brand top lel

Was thinking the same, If you want a battery to actually last in a laptop charge it and use it for class or what ever you use it for, then when not using it for that take battery out and put the cord in and run off normal power.
(11-03-2013, 06:22 AM)Nater link Wrote: Was thinking the same, If you want a battery to actually last in a laptop charge it and use it for class or what ever you use it for, then when not using it for that take battery out and put the cord in and run off normal power.
That would be highly inconvenient. I want to be able to work for more then 2 hours and not be forced to spend those hours next to an power outlet.
Also, batteries are highly developed, their technology isn't what it used to be. I see people using all kinds of crazy methods to 'spare' their battery all the time, most of which are total nonsense, read this.

I don't understand the hate Apple is getting for their laptops, their fusion of hardware and software is unparalleled and I am getting more and more annoyed by the love-hate relationship I'm having with Windows.
Laptop isn't the only hate, think about iPhone and shit with their new finger print scanning which is of course shared with NSA etc

everyday say bye bye to something new taking away your privacy

the clue is in the name Apple :P
(11-03-2013, 12:21 PM)oostcoast link Wrote: That would be highly inconvenient. I want to be able to work for more then 2 hours and not be forced to spend those hours next to an power outlet.
Also, batteries are highly developed, their technology isn't what it used to be. I see people using all kinds of crazy methods to 'spare' their battery all the time, most of which are total nonsense, read this.

I don't understand the hate Apple is getting for their laptops, their fusion of hardware and software is unparalleled and I am getting more and more annoyed by the love-hate relationship I'm having with Windows.

Yeah there is a few ways to "save" your battery I just listed one option, I've never used a Macbook but as for there other products I reckon they're complete ass I had an iPod and it stuffed up first night owning it so the iPod line can piss off imo, I'd try a Macbook but wouldn't waste my money on one because I can get far better for far less for what I do personally.
(11-03-2013, 12:21 PM)oostcoast link Wrote: That would be highly inconvenient. I want to be able to work for more then 2 hours and not be forced to spend those hours next to an power outlet.

Personally, I don't really hate their products, but can understand why they're hated. The only advantage I see is the battery life, which I don't think deserves that high price they give for their devices.

If I needed a Laptop strictly for work and not gaming, which is of course.. impossible, then I would pick a MacBook Pro as well. I can't deny that great battery life their products has. The iPad lasts like 13 hours of continuous use, and when I don't use it, I barely charge it once every two weeks. But the disadvantages are more than the advantages, for my purposes at least, which involve like 10% work and 90% entertainment.
I had an Acer laptop which had 8 hour battery time so please, don't even try saying apple is god of batteries or some shit.

mac unparellededede? its a different operating system, the only difference is you buy them for double or triple price of a regular laptop with windows, only cuz of the brand. but hey, if you wanna spend 3000 to have an apple shining on ur laptop, ur problem
If you are looking for pure gaming then don't even think about the category "Laptops"... If you are looking for mediocre range gaming with a portable device to carry around for your working purposes then i might help you for right choice.. I have LenovoG50-80 series Laptop with i5 and AMD M330 in it.. as you can see the hardware combination is pretty good and CPU never gonna bottleneck the GPU, even you can use crossfire technology(if smhow u manages to do it) and then too CPU won't bottleneck GPU.. But, the real problem here is temperature. During gaming in summers you might actually face 2-3 auto shutdowns because of over-exceeded system temperature.. So to prevent this you have to buy a nice cooling device for laptops(don't think about those fans)... Its really good idea to buy a Vaccum cooler for your laptop.. You won't even need any cooling device during winters.. Like my boy runs arma3 35-45 without any fps drops and during summers system overheats soo fast & performance is absolute shit...