Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Feature] English only again?
So, currently I'm online at LVP and ignored 11 people, almost half of what's online because they're speaking Spanish. Now, I highly doubt you guys'll reinstate the English only rule, but still.. Anyway, I was also wondering how many people actually don't mind the server being invaded by latinos at the moment? ..Is LVP advertising on South American websites or something?
Nope. It is perfectly fine the way it is at the moment and so far that rule only causes stress and an empty server. Our player count just started to increase and players should just focus on having fun. It doesn't matter where we could be advertising, by the end of the day many players around here would like to see the Las Venturas Playground server having a decent player count again.
Of course it's easy to say for an admin who seems to be barely online. Well.. any active player/ admin who minds giving their thoughts of the current situation even though the rule won't be reinstated? And yes striker, it doesn't matter where LVP advertises, but I was wondering where all the Spanish people come from. It's just weird that 80% of the players is Spanish all of a sudden
That's an easy insult to make Xero. I dare to say that any admin here is more active than you are.

However, that has nothing to do with the situation. Enforcing english costs a lot of energy and returns nothing but an empty server. If you have problems with people not talking english, just ignore them like you did earlier. Last time I checked it wasn't such a big deal to use a simple command. (and I can know since I admin abuse commands)
I'll let that one pass because he have no clue at all. :roll:
alright... there's no reasoning with you guys anyway. It's not so much about the suggestion as something else any more. Nevermind, I'll cut you guys some slack
Well you asked for our opinions, which you received... As you stated you were quite sure the rule wouldn't come back anyway. And on top of that you made sure to share your view about our activity. We responded on every single line of each of your posts, and you still aren't happy?

Cut me some slack...
Read again cake. It's not about your activity, I was replying to striker, therefore it's about his activity in-game. He might be on the forum day after day but I barely see him on LVP itself. I did not receive the opinion I was looking for, I'm getting there. Thing is: I'm looking for opinions of more admins. Anyway, about you, kudos on the mentality change since you got your title. Hope it pays off
I am not quite sure how my mentality is involved in your suggestion...

Anyways, I am glad we could help out :) Let's see if other crew members have something to share.
Hey Xero,

Thanks for expressing your current issue with the server. I can understand that multiple languages in main chat can indeed become annoying, but we need to look at this from a few different directions... I think it's fair to say that LVP is still an overwhelmingly English player server. However, there are times that the amount of non-English speaking players do outweigh the English ones. Sure, we could play by the old rules of muting these players, but what happens then? They tend to leave out of anger, which is understandable. Now, you may say something like "OH, JUST LVP TRYING TO HOLD ON TO THE LAST 3 PLAYERS THEY HAVE, LOL DERP", but this is not a reasonable conclusion. My point here, is that non-English speaking players are only annoying when they are the majority of the overall players online. If these players weren't here at this certain time, people would be complaining that there's only a handful of players online, and get bored. Sure, these players may not speak your language, but you can still interact with them in-game... whether it's killing, minigames, etc.

Now, I must say, if you (or anyone else reading this) can come up with a very simplistic solution that would allow these players to still be in-game and interact with each other without any additional effort, but not interrupting the rest of the players, I'm absolutely certain that our development team would be more than happy to listen. In short, I don't plan to see the English only rule reinstated. However, that does not mean that we cannot put effort towards making the end-user experience the best it can be.

I would like to quickly touch on your comments regarding the staff and their "activity". Running a community like Las Venturas Playground is not easy. It requires a dedicated team of people that can take care of things to ensure it's day-to-day operation. This means that you cannot just simply base the activity of a crew member in this community on their in-game time alone. Some of the absolute most important members of our team rarely even play SA:MP anymore truth be told. This doesn't mean they are inactive lamer noobs :-).... If you feel that there is a lack of in-game crew presence, this is something I'd be happy to take a look into and find a solution.

Anyway, I want to say thanks again for voicing your concern with us. Please do not feel that it has been ignored, because it hasn't. We appreciate all constructive feedback and look for ways to improve based upon it.

MacSto