Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Idea]Treasure Hunt
This little idea just popped into my head a few minutes ago, so I thought I'd make a topic about it and see what you guys think about it.

[Image: huntjela9.jpg]

Treasure Hunt
It's as easy as it sounds. To have some fun with a group of people, besides the great cruises, i came up with an idea for a treasure hunt.
The main goal of this hunt would be to collect certain objects spread over the map. These objects could be things like Horseshoes, Hidden properties, hidden cars?, hidden weapons.. or anything that's hideable.

Is it a minigame?
No, it's not a minigame.
This little game cannot be started by players. Only admins can start the treasure hunt. To participate, you could sign up just as in normal minigames. The treasure hunt will take place in a virtual world. The prizes and number of pickups will depend on the number of participents.
The more people join the treasure hunt, the bigger the prizes.
Example: 20 people join the treasure hunt. Spread over the map, 20 pickups will appear. Nobody knows exactly where they are, but you can obtain hints from a few markers (Like the info icon on the ship). Now, everyone is spawned in a virtual world. They all start at the same point, this could be a hotel or something. From that point on, they will have to start looking for the hidden treasures.

What exactly are those treasures?
Well, this is the fun part! Each pickup is different. There are some very good pickups, and some less good pickups.
The treasures could contain money, like $5mil, they could contain spawnweapons, or something else (Please post ideas).

How does this end?
When all treasures are found, the game ends.
But what if some treasures can't be found?!
Well, there could be a timelimit on the treasure hunt. Maybe 30 minutes or something.
Also, you should be able to leave the treasure hunt by typing /leave.

Additionaly, the number of found treasures could be added to the player's stats.

Comments are much appreciated.

-Spaik  :)
I like it.
I also like it. I remember a topic being made about an idea like this some time ago, but it wasnt implantented. Hope it does :D
I like it too.  :)
Indeed, great idea
Great idea  :)
We have somthing Similar to this at ColdThugZ server Known as "Playcash".

An Admin Activates it, and It Gives Off random Locations and Clues as to were There are Hidden Sacks of cash! And the 1st person to get the cash Wins! But The Problem is, people Find out were the cash is located all the time and find it easy...
But If somthing could be done, Maybe Like It makes Up random Co-ords and clues all the time, Non are repeated, It would pwn (meh dont think its Possible)
But what Im trying to say is, Regulars will start to Get used to the wereabouts of the Pickups!
Pretty cool. Just have a large list of about 200 positions all over Las Venturas and the rest of San Andreas, and then just pick a random one.

These positions could also be dynamic, meaning they can be changed by simply swapping an external file? Or, @ developers, module?

Again though, really cool! :D
A while ago I created a shitload of RPG idea's we could offer to players.
Something like this is also on my list, only players can start it themselve, and its a 1 player game :P
It's currently "being developed" with very low priority by Badeend. Will be released ... within 10 years :+
It is a little bit "planned" to be part of one of the many many minigames for LVP 3.0.
WoW like it!

with a group of people its more fun (race against real people, not some timer)

so LVP3 will be released in 10 years? :D cant wait

8)