Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Recording video of game
It has beenĀ  a couple of times i had been hit at the ship but i didnt had any video recording going on : ;(
the program i have splits the screen into 4 parts in the video :Y)
so which is the free and best one? :?
also do u let it run whole through the game? :?
Fraps. I'm surprised you never heard of it. You must be new in the gaming world haha :P

Or Dxtory, but fraps is better.

Edit: I just noticed you said "free"... You can always get a cracked Fraps it's all over the internet, anyone rarely buys it O_O
Heard there was latest version of it with cool features !!
If your computer isn't that great you're probably better off using Dxtory. It's a little more complicated to configure properly but if done properly you can basically be recording with no lag whatsoever to tiny files. I recorded some DayZ footage the other day - over 1 hour 20 minutes long and only 6GB. Plus it has audio-splitting, but I guess you don't need that.

Fraps can easily lower your framerate by 10-15fps, so not the greatest program for low-end computers. If your computer is OK though, it's probably better to get this since it's simpler to use. Just make sure you have a shit ton of space on your harddrives.

Both Fraps and Dxtory are 30 euros to buy, but they have free trails or of course there are... alternative methods of acquisition. Not condoning anything, just sayin'.