Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Las Venturas Playground Pawn Editor (+ download!)
Some years ago, Las Venturas Playground used to have its own Pawn editor, the SA-MP Editor, written by Peter. The source code was lost, and due to ongoing instabilities no one actually used it. After getting annoyed with Pawno during some bug fixes (LVP's source had more than 200 files!), a few of us made a plan to create a more decent editor.

Today, a year later, I'm proud to present the Las Venturas Playground Pawn Editor to you!
It's a free download for any member of LVP and may be used for any Pawn project.

[Image: lvp-pawn-editor.png]

Features
  • Tabbed interface supporting tens of simultaneously opened files.
  • Supports for projects, including support for folders, new file templates and various settings.
  • A powerful Find in Project feature: search through all your project's files in a single go.
  • A highly customizable code editor: syntax highlighting, code collapsing and many formatting options.
  • Tight integration with the San Andreas: Multiplayer server.
Additional screenshots

[Image: lvp-pawn-editor-2-thumb.png] [Image: lvp-pawn-editor-3-thumb.png]
[Image: lvp-pawn-editor-4-thumb.png] [Image: lvp-pawn-editor-5-thumb.png]

Questions and answers

Is this really free? Do I have to do anything in return?
The Las Venturas Playground Pawn Editor is completely free. We do not expect anything in return. Of course, we would very much appreciate any credits or references back to Las Venturas Playground. Furthermore, just be fair. Don't claim as if you made this, and link people to this topic for the latest downloads.

Where can I download the source code for the editor?
The source code for the LVP Pawn Editor has not been released yet. We may do so at a later point in time.

It looks exactly like the SA-MP Editor! Wasn't the source code lost?
The source code was lost, but we were able to re-use some of the already compiled libraries. The UI framework, Dev Express, is part of that. Furthermore, while a different version, we also use Scintilla as the editing component. The rest of the code was written from the ground up.

What is "compiler-generated documentation" in my project's settings? The code in the screenshots have weird syntax!
Las Venturas Playground uses a PreCompiler for automatically creating documentation and adding some new features to Pawn's syntax, such as classes, fast command processing and debugging tools. While we do intend to release the LVP PreCompiler as well, it's not ready for that yet.

What are the system requirements?
You need to have a Windows computer with .NET Framework installed. Mac OS X and Linux will not be supported.

Download the LVP Pawn Editor
this is no doubt amazing , liked the way of tabbing [ the indent] , will use it may be x")
So what makes this editor better than pawno or any other pawn editor?
(12-22-2012, 05:13 PM)Fuse link Wrote: So what makes this editor better than pawno or any other pawn editor?
Pawno is basically windows notepad with a compile button.

We made a proper editor with a project view, tabs, code completion, project search (which you can do without having to open every single file like most editors) and we made is very easy to handle the licencing information.

Our code is distributed across hundreds of files and therefor we need these feature, you decide if our tool works for you.
(12-22-2012, 09:27 PM)oostcoast link Wrote: Pawno is basically windows notepad with a compile button.

We made a proper editor with a project view, tabs, code completion, project search (which you can do without having to open every single file like most editors) and we made is very easy to handle the licencing information.

Our code is distributed across hundreds of files and therefor we need these feature, you decide if our tool works for you.

I'm splitting my scripts into files aswell, sounds awesome.
I love how this editor is made and all the file splitting and everything , but please do look into the bug i am facing , im not able to compile my code . is everyone experiencing this ?
[Image: USHqI80.png]

what the hell :/

So when're you making LVP open source?

EDIT: Never mind seems you just did in October, lol.

EDIT 2: So is the majority of LVP source now Javascript?

EDIT 3: MacOS not supported? Hahahahahahaha. Fuck.
(12-17-2016, 04:54 PM)Yassine Wrote: what the hell :/

Stack Overflow tells me that there's a dependency missing. Could you try running the Dependency Walker on the pawncc.exe file that's included with the editor?

(12-18-2016, 08:15 PM)Jerome Wrote: So when're you making LVP open source?

EDIT: Never mind seems you just did in October, lol.

EDIT 2: So is the majority of LVP source now Javascript?

EDIT 3: MacOS not supported? Hahahahahahaha. Fuck.

:)

Yes, Las Venturas Playground was open sourced last year. Check out all our repositories! There are many languages involved in our infrastructure.

A significant part of the gamemode indeed is written in JavaScript. It's a much nicer language to work in. Many other parts are still written in Pawn, so we maintain both.

The editor does not support Mac OS X because it's written in C#. Our Pawn compiler, as well as the JavaScript runtime (or, rather, the testing environment), could support Mac OS X, but it would take some work that I'm only willing to do if someone is planning to actively contribute on those platforms.
with using this i got 

Quote:Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.

Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.