Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Can't select my native resolution
Decided to install the game today since I haven't played it in ages. Went in to ramp up the graphics and for some reason my resolution isn't in the list. I get 640x480x16 up to 1280x1024x16, then I get the same thing x32... my native resolution is 1600x900.

Doubt it's graphics drivers, installed new ones less than a week ago.
Any other suggestions?
I have no problem selecting 1600x900x32 on a Nvidia Quatro X880M

Try one of these solutions: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=497328

My best guess would be to delete the gta_sa.dat in |My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\|
Already tried that, unfortunately it didn't fix it.

Thanks for the link, but most of those solutions involve patching. I used to get 1600x900 just fine and I've never patched the game before... still using the same install files I've been using for 5 years.
(05-14-2012, 06:03 PM)oostcoast link Wrote: I have no problem selecting 1600x900x32 on a Nvidia Quatro X880M

Try one of these solutions: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=497328

My best guess would be to delete the gta_sa.dat in |My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\|

That makes no sense at all. Reported for stupidity.

8)7
There are two things you can do if youre running less than native resolution: stretch the picture to fit your screen or put letterboxing around the picture. It seems like its doing the second for you when you want it to do the first. Theres a way to set it up in the Nvidia control panel so let me know when you have that working.

Also, do you want no black bars at all in which case if youre running at an aspect ratio different from your monitor the picture will be distorted or are you fine with say black bars on the sides with a 4:3 resolution? If youre keeping the same aspect ratio but just a lower resolution this shouldnt matter as stretching the picture to your screen shouldnt cause any distortion.
(06-26-2012, 01:43 AM)STyL4 link Wrote: That makes no sense at all. Reported for stupidity.

8)7

Are you stupid?