Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Well, i have a weird idea...
Hi there,

Long time i couldn't play SAMP, had no time to play. Dunno what happened, what has been changed since i stopped playing, but i see/know that you guys are making an effort to get more players to LVP. I will try to help you with my idea, but dunno if it's possible or not...

There will be a castle (mappers will script a castle which has only one door). Every Saturday or Sunday, there will be fights for that castle (gang fights). @ First week, gangs will sign up for the castle fights (before the day of war, i mean signing ups will be finished one day ago). When the time has come, ppl will be ready @ the enterance of the castle, and will fight for it. If which gang kills more than the other gangs in 1/2 hour, that gang will capture the castle (you can change the win terms, a kill counter would be great in my oppinion..). The important point is;

1) Players can play with/for real money (via paypal?). I mean, gang leaders will pay a fee to sign up to castle wars. For example; there are 10 gangs named a1, a2, a3..., a10. Every gang will sign up for $20 (which means $200 in total), after the wars, the winner will get $150, LVP will get $50 of the money, etc.

OR;

2) Do it with game money.

And, after the castle wars has ended, winner gang will get a tax from every shopping, from whole LVP players.

I've called the game "Castle Wars".

Playing for money would be interesting. By this way, the game will become more serious, and more exciting. Week by week, you can increase the join fee, and get more money...

Please share your ideas, waiting for your comments..

LR
I like the idea, but I don't think gangs would play by paying a fee. I'd rather do it with ingame money to be honest.
(02-09-2012, 05:30 PM)Kase link Wrote: I like the idea, but I don't think gangs would play by paying a fee. I'd rather do it with ingame money to be honest.

Well, i must say that there is GB to fight for money and to capture gangzone. With game money, this one will have no difference with GB. And i wonder why not? You can advertise @ forums to announce this event, you can employ some players to do this with the tag "Advertiser".. It's worth to try  :)
I like the idea of multiple stages in a gang fight.

There are 3 rooms; the gate, the patio and the stronghold. If the attackers win the round at the gate they move up one level to the patio and further, if they loose they will drop one to the previous level. When the defenders kill the attackers in the gate round they win, if the attackers win the stronghold round they win.
Both teams should have 3 lives, one is substracted for every lost round at the gate for the attackers, one is lost for the defenders at the stronghold to give them a change to win.

I don't think anyone cares about ingame money since it isn't worth anything. Winning gang should get acces to a gangbase on the strip for example. Maybe this base can also be the place where the figths take place. This place should look nice and there should be vehicles that can only be entered by the gang members.

Gate will be outside, patio within the walls and the stronghold is inside this gangbase with enough room to fight.

These fight should be organized on the forums or ingame and there should be a member of the crew looking things over.
Admin cmds: /startwar [gangid attack] /stopwar /setgangbase [gangid]
Cool idea! You got it from Sro right? :D If we can carry out it on samp. I guess that will be perfect.  :Y)
Could be an interesting commercial boost.
I still don't see anyone participating with a fee though. Just make sure the winning gang has access to a very cool ingame prize (just like oostcoast suggested, and I'm all for his idea) and we're set to go!
(02-09-2012, 08:07 PM)Kase link Wrote: I still don't see anyone participating with a fee though. Just make sure the winning gang has access to a very cool ingame prize (just like oostcoast suggested, and I'm all for his idea) and we're set to go!
Cool. We could also set up a competition for the mapping team to get them more active, for the gang base.

Quote: link=topic=30177.msg415333#msg415333 date=1328814391]
Could be an interesting commercial boost.
I am skeptic about players wanting to pay for a feature in the game because their price won't be that valuable if there not many players around and because it would mean that the gang leaders have to monitor and administrate money coming from their members. I might be wise to poll this under our players and most importantly, ask the gang leaders.
if u ask me thats a good/bad idea... some people can pay money no wonder why they are VIPs.. but those who cant. would just quit the server
secondly 20$ in india = 20*50 = 1000.

way too much.
thirdly. Most of that people dont have paypal account.

it could just lead in Increment of money for server.. Or just remove most of the gangs.
@oostcoast i agree what you said, except starting the event with a command. I'm thinking about a rly serious game which can really increase player count. If it happens with commands, it may get a boring situation (like some minigames like h&s, robbery etc.). But if we set it automaticly, ppl will have to wait for the war day, which can make them impatient. Do it twice a week in spesific times, that would be great and enough.

@mohit about the fee part, that was just an example. You can choose a lower price for it, the main point is making the game more interesting and serious to increase player count.

I think a pool is the best way to see that.