Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

New Map?

[21:08:54] <&Rien> Also
[21:09:16] <&Rien> are there any plans for a new map anytime soon? with MC's release and stuff
[21:09:27] <&Rien> I personally don't mind either way, just curious :+

[21:50:48] <~thiaZ> I would also agree on a full reset
[21:50:56] <~thiaZ> there are way too many cheated resources

Let's create a small list, shall we.

Pro's

• Mooshroom Biomes
  • Snow Biomes
  • Multiple Strongholds
  • Portals to The End in said Strongholds
  • NPCs in NPC villages
  • No more (or at least a lot less) cheated resources
Con's

• Some players might not like the idea of starting over
  • Losing some of our prettier builds

Anyone got something to add?
Also, this is merely a thought that popped up in my head today, I'm not saying I want a map change, but I certainly wouldn't mind it.

I think we'll have to ask around. I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed if we move yet again.

As for cheated resources, if we allow people to move stuff again, nothing changes. But if we don't, they'll be pretty pissed. They'd probably rather move with their stuff then move without anything.

I don't really care for getting those 2 biomes, but I guess the strongholds would be good. We don't have any portals now, do we? Because I tried, and it pointed me to one (ender eye etc), but it was right under my NPC village somehow. Which has been loaded since like day 1 or 2.
As said,  I totally agree on a reset, sure, there are some cons, but to my mind having the new landscape features is a minor pro, there is a lot of useless stuff in this world, also with the project copy from 1.7 to 1.8 a lot of rare stuff like diamonds and iron have been doubled by copying a chest and not removing it.

It would be possible to give all players with X hours ingame advantages when starting a new world, for example diamond tools, + some full stacks of building stuff.
(11-28-2011, 04:47 PM)thiaZ link Wrote: It would be possible to give all players with X hours ingame advantages when starting a new world, for example diamond tools, + some full stacks of building stuff.

That's not a bad idea.

Also, I was thinking, we could use War2k's castle as a spawn-area. (Because really, that thing looks too good to just throw away.)
I don't think it's time yet. Our map is pretty new right now. When the time comes, I'd love to use thiaZ's idea of providing items based on hours :)
Quote:Multiple Strongholds
Portals to The End in said Strongholds

About that... will "The End" be regenerated each time or will it be like SP? Doing it once and it's done forever.
pretty sure it's a one time thing, so the End probably needs some regular resets.
Also, another thing I noticed the other day. You can't enchant since it uses the experience, which we either have disabled or doesn't work on MP (think I heard Rien talk about another server which had it though).
thiaZ disabled exp in 1.8.1 as it caused a server crash if someone died with more than 20 levels of xp. According to him it should be back soon though.
Ah alright, cool :)