Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Pawn Editor
Since Peter lost the code to his SA-MP Editor and I really can't stand pawno, I started hacking yesterday on a more decent Pawn Editor and I'm ready to release version 1.0-alpha 1. It's still quite basic, but the essentials work and it already beats pawno. Some rough plans are support for projects, compiling the gamemode and a settings dialog, I don't think we need much more.

Version 1.0 alpha 1 is attached. Source + files can be found on SVN as well: /tools/PawnEditor/

Attached Files
.zip   PawnEditor-1.0-alpha1.zip (Size: 4.84 MB / Downloads: 9)
.jpg   screenshot.jpg (Size: 387.37 KB / Downloads: 26)
Alpha 2 release. The Configuration panel now works, the window has a persistent state and you can associate it with *.pwn files, after which they'll open in the editor. Drag and drop onto the program icon works as well. Code folding was added, next to a whole range of other things.

Next step are projects. I'd say Alpha 2 is usable for your day-to-day editing, minus the ability to compile.

Attached Files
.zip   PawnEditor-1.0-alpha2.zip (Size: 4.86 MB / Downloads: 1)
\o nice work
The first beta. That was a tough weekend :) It's now pretty much feature-complete, including compile and project support (using your familiar pawno hotkeys). My current to-do for the final 1.0 release is as follows:
  • Make "F6" actually start the SA-MP Server with the compiled gamemode.
  • Implement project settings, including the base-file for project compiles.
  • Implement drag and drop for the project bar.

If you run into bugs, please report them as soon as possible. Feature requests are definitely welcome as well.

Source and files are on SVN in /tools/PawnEditor/. Release build is attached to this post.

Attached Files
.zip   PawnEditor-1.0-beta1.zip (Size: 5.18 MB / Downloads: 6)
Well done man, you've been working really hard! :p
yes, great job :)
To share a cool screenshot (the whole interface is dock-based, that means that you can drag windows such as Project Overview and Compile output to wherever you want, even make them tabbed).

This, with ~10 tabs open, uses about 42 megabytes of memory. The old SA-MP Editor used that with one tab, so a big improvement there as well. You can drop the PreCompiler in the directory of the editor and start developing LVP right away, as I have also committed lvp.ppr for our codebase :D In the near future I want to create intellisense for classes as well.

Attached Files
.png   PawnEditorBeta1.png (Size: 161.78 KB / Downloads: 18)
Okay, some features I'd like to see:
- Search in project / folder
- Some sort of IntelliSense / code hinting
- Opening files from Windows explorer as a new tab in the current editor (optional)
- JavaDoc support

Do you hate me already? :+

I'll edit this post whenever I have another feature request :P
Suggestion:
Make the view/hide settings of the Build Output and Project Overview panels save as well as the position.

ty
Attached is a new PawnEditor.exe binary, also known as Pawn Editor beta 1b.

Added features:
- Having a single instance can now be enforced, meaning that subsequent files will open in new tabs instead of new editors.
- The position, visibility and indexes of panels can now be stored and restored upon launch.

Both options need to be enabled through the Settings panel, which received a new tab :).

Attached Files
.zip   PawnEditor-1.0-beta1b.zip (Size: 306.68 KB / Downloads: 3)