Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Computer Troubles
OK, quick question, is cat5e or car6 better?
Cat6 is better, but unless you have a gigabit network (plus a gigabit network card), you won't notice a difference. I'd go with the Cat5e in your situation.

Edit:
This is a 100 foot Cat5E, would work perfect for what you need :)
No freezes today, but I am ordering the cable (in white) anyway, will update once this arrives.

(06-28-2011, 05:17 AM)MacSto link Wrote: ...unless you have a gigabit network (plus a gigabit network card)...
I have a gigabit router and card on my computer, however...
[Image: 42694986.png][Image: 1360836365.png]
Well, some news.  My computer failed to start three times, before finally starting.  The third time, there was a post error message: One long beep, three short.  According to this, it means memory failure.
Upon finding my manual  the beep code actually means that there was no VGA detected.  So, this is almost certainly, if not more than one thing, a graphics card issue now.
Thoughts :? 

Should I get a GTS 560i or GTS 570  :D (or something else?)

No on-board graphics... 

Also, the first time I turned on, all fans (CPU, PSU, GPU) all spun at 100% and nothing happened - no error, no post, nothing.  Don't know if this means anything about the motherboard (which I think is fine)
Do you have onboard graphics? You could use that for a few days to see if it solves the issue, but yeah it does sound like it's the graphics card.
Just noticed that during one of the freezes, the temprature on the card drops from 68 C to 60 C.  Still waiting on shipped parts.
Still waiting (apparently until the end of the month) for the cable to arrive.  And some news.  Pretty Sure this is a Steam/ Sound issue again.  The crashing had increased to once every 15 minutes.  I noticed this:
[Image: steam_spike.png]
That spiked around the time my system froze.  In this steam forum thread, I had previously had an issue with steam and my sound card.  Also I had installed a new sound card driver about a month before this started.  Anyway, so for now, I am just not going to use steam.
Ok, have a better image now.  Problem still isn't fixed. 
[Image: interupts.png]
The red was during the freeze.  The Spike just after it is interrupts, with 100% of the CPU.  Also, the red has no associated process.
Got rid of the wireless card, 6 hours, no problem.  Thank you for your help  :D  (and, someone can close this if they feel like it)
(07-24-2011, 10:18 PM)no_one link Wrote: Got rid of the wireless card, 6 hours, no problem.  Thank you for your help  :D  (and, someone can close this if they feel like it)
np.