Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Overclocking.
Well, i've considereing to overclock my processor.. However I don't really know how to do it, and im kinda lazy so I don't wan't to read site with 1500 words, kind of boring, so as I said I was just wondering:
How can I do it?
Can I break my processor?

Processor name: Intel core# i7 Quad processor i7-930 Quad processor, 2.80GHz, socket 1366, 8MB, 130.
P.S I got a water cooler system an pretty good one.
Well, if you have a good watercooling then the heat shouldnt be an issue.
There are 2 ways i know how to overclock:
1) Use AMD Overdrive
2) Do it manually in the bootup thingy(not rly an expert)
It'd be wise to get assistance from a friend / relative who is familiar with overclocking and has an idea how to do it. When I do some overclocking, I usually have my uncle helping so I don't mess up.

Overclocking's a dangerous thing if it goes wrong.

And yeah, you can damage the processor if you overclock it too far, or too high for too long.
If you don't want to spend the time to do some research first, you probably shouldn't be overclocking in the first place. On top of that, why would you want to overclock an i7?
How can you do it? Well, go into your BIOS (press DEL while booting) and increase your bus clock.
Can you break your CPU? Yep. Although, unless you don't touch the voltages, your CPU won't break, it might get instable though due to the higher clocks. But you won't be able to overclock it that much without increasing voltages (and that CAN break your cpu if you dont do it properly with lots of testing) anyways, so make sure that the overclocking is really needed before you risk your hardware seeing as you don't know what to do.

Never touch a running system!
woow:L So I think I don't going to do that:O I just wanted 3.00Ghz insted of 2.80 :)
for 3ghz you dont even need to increase the voltage so dont worry about breaking it lol
Im pretty sure you could OC it to 3.00 GHz since u got water cooling and i gto i7 @ 2.93 GHz.. with a 2 dollar fan on it and it works perfect
ohh, ok :) Then I'll read some about it, and tryD:
dont blame me if it goes boom though