Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Lucid Dreaming
Hi, we have a topic about Sleep Paralysis, so why not Lucid Dreaming?
I've been "learning" how to lucid dream from this website for 4 days since I saw this message from the 'Sleep Paralysis' topic:

(02-23-2011, 05:29 PM)Daniel link Wrote: Yea i had this once, when i tryed to lucid dream, man i couldn't move but i noticed i was awake, i saw some sort of black weird figure in  my room trying to push on my chest.. and shit.
but lucide dreaming is awesome so you should take the riskt!!!

Trust me, it doesn't just sound interesting, it's fucking amazing.
Today I had my first Lucid Dream, that is why I thought about posting here, so here's a short version of the dream:

Quote:I was at a reunion with my class that I went with 4 years ago, that was the normal dream.
It was actually quite nice just like that, but once we partied, jumping up and down to the music you know... I hit my damn head in the roof.
I was like, what the fawk is this, is there no gravity? So I tested holding my nose and breathing through it, it fucking worked.
I realized, I'm awake inside my own dream, Woohoo! My first lucid dream I thought!
Then I actually raised my fist up like superman, flew up and smashed through the roof and from there began my "journey".

I landed somewhere, and thought "What should I do?", and oddly I didn't know what to do so I teleported myself to the city (Stockholm) to have a walk around there, or rob a bank.
So I was just walking along the path, then I saw a seriously hawt 17-18 year old (obviously hawtest since my mind made her up), and I thought like:

"What about that thing they talked about, if you want something you just gotta think of it"
"But even in Bruce Almighty love was uncontrollable, but hell I'll give it a try"
"She loves me!"

BOOM, she started walking towards me, and without even talking we kissed and you know that nice shit.
I thought like "IT FUCKING WORKED, THAT WEBSITE KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT".
Then we went to her house and did that nice shit in some nasty ways and yeah you know..... :X
I even, uh I even thought of this "her mom is going to bring me a huge blunt with weed init".
She fucking did! XD

Yeah so that's the short version of my dream (long but short compared to the original), do note that it felt like real life whilst knowing it was a dream. I also noticed a few times that my dream faded away, so I did what they said and rubbed my dreamworld hands, that actually worked too!

You should really give this website a try :+

http://www.lucidfun.com/

I'mma try that. I wonder how it will compare to all the different types of hallucinogen drugs I've taken.
You're my idol Slice
I'm definitely going to try it.
I never had a lucid dream, but it seems really cool  :+
How i found out The first time i was lucid dreaming !

So i know a girl, that has an handicap so she can't see very well and is not allowed to drive a car or go skating, and in my dream i saw her skating so i was like WTF ? she can't so i found out i was dreaming, man it was so nice the air was so beautiful, the sun was shining perfect! I could do what ever i want  O-)

You could also post your ''Dream journal'' here so you can remember you dreams that will make it easier to lucid dream :)

I think this tip from the site will work absolutely

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

When you sleep, you will enter a point where you begin to dream. This phase of sleep is called the REM stage. You will enter the REM stage roughly every 90 minutes during the night, giving approximately four or five REM stages per night.

This means you have four or five chances to have a lucid dream every night.

THE TECHNIQUE

This is where the will power comes in. What you need to do is this. Aim to wake up in your fourth phase of REM sleep. To do this you will need to set an alarm clock or equivalent that will wake you up.

The fourth phase of sleep will be about six hours after you fall asleep. So just before going to sleep, set your alarm to go off six hours in the future.

If you sleep less than six hours a night aim for the third phase of REM, which will be four and a half hours after you fall asleep. Here comes the tough part.

When your alarm goes off, you MUST get out of bed. DO NOT turn over and hope that you will get up in a few minutes. YOU WON’T. You will do what we all do and fall back asleep.

Once you have got out of bed it is important to keep your mind active for AT LEAST AN HOUR. Nothing less. Try and read a book about lucid dreaming or read through your dream journal. The trick is to get the idea of lucid dreaming into your head.

When you have been awake for an hour, return to bed. Whilst dropping back off to sleep, keep a scene in your mind of a place you would like to appear in if you entered a dream.

If you suddenly find yourself in this place, do a reality check to test whether or not you are dreaming.

If you are (you should be), CONGRATULATIONS you have had your first lucid dream.

That’s all there is to it. This is a really simple method that can be extremely effective.

If the above technique isn’t working for you, try the following method.

MILD – Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams

The MILD principle can be summarized in one sentence as:-

“When you are dreaming, you must remember to recognize that you are dreaming”.

Now, I know what you are thinking; “If I could recognize that I was dreaming lucid dreaming would be simple!” and you would be right. It is not only recognizing you are dreaming that is important, it’s remembering to recognize that you are dreaming that gives you more chance of having a lucid dream.

The good news is that it is possible using a few simple exercises to increase this ability to remember that you are dreaming.
I was constantly having lucid dreams until age 6-7. I was bringing up characters from Dragon Ball, Batman, movies. It was just so usual to sleep and know that I'm sleeping. I wonder why this natural thing disappeared. They now occur time to time quite rarely. In the last one, I remember myself running along my street at speed something like 500 m/s. Awesome :D
I barely remember my dreams anymore..

When I was little I had this fucking evil pirate that came visiting me in my dreams every damn night and he made me do stuff, and if I didnt do it he'd kill my mom by throwing her into a pit of oil  :'(
I could pretty much controll everything I was doing. Guess I have was having lucid dreams when i was littel D Mostly nightmares though XD
Quote:Grim link=topic=27992.msg376442#msg376442 date=1298903686]
I barely remember my dreams anymore..

When I was little I had this fucking evil pirate that came visiting me in my dreams every damn night and he made me do stuff, and if I didnt do it he'd kill my mom by throwing her into a pit of oil  :'(
I could pretty much controll everything I was doing. Guess I have was having lucid dreams when i was littel D Mostly nightmares though XD

Crazy dream.
Your first lucid dream sounds awesome :D

If this works for me i hope i get to do some cool shit like you :P