Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Fraps high ping issue: Windows 7(?)
I had 7, i removed it and installed XP
i hear about alot of problems regarding Windows 7, but not Windows XP

download XP and Install it, believe me, would be much bettah.
(01-08-2011, 10:01 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote:I had 7, i removed it and installed XP
i hear about alot of problems regarding Windows 7, but not Windows XP

download XP and Install it, believe me, would be much bettah.
get the fuck out of this topic with your useless nonsense
he speaks the truth, lol.
That is totally true if you own a shitty pc, but if you got a high-end one, that's the worst thing you can do. Afaik (I might be wrong tho, cause I can't remember where I got that info from) XP doesn't support quad-cores nor more than 2gb of RAM, so everything that exceeds those specs is basically wasted
vista and win 7 had some similiar issues for me, but my resulted in a weird 30 second ping warp because vista/win7 would check for a new network so I would get a ping spike (Ton of people got the lag spike regardless of net speed). The first thing I tried and used for a while was these two programs vista anti lag and another one that would stop the ping spike. Then after it just worked fine might been the fact that I updated my network drivers (wifi) but yea.

No More Lag Spikes!
(01-14-2011, 02:47 AM)Flyby link Wrote:vista and win 7 had some similiar issues........

I agree on that one, Vista has once a minute a ping spike. try and ping -t some .com and youll see it. There are some ways to make that stop, ive seen that on youtube once, so you couold try to find that.... gl
Im having the exact problem ^^ My pc can handle fraps with no problem, but my ping goes to 200+ when i start frapsing.
And this happened after I got windows 7.

More specifically its normal when I stand still. If I start moving around shooting it goes to 200 and back to 80 if I stop
Crazy shit

In my case this only happens with samp