Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

LVP:IV's economy
LVP's economy sucks. WHAM, IN YOUR FACE, ETC.

No but seriously, let's take a closer look at LVP's economy; there's a max bank limit of 750 million dollars.

750. million. dollars.

Quite frankly, most people have their banks maxed out, even with some of LVP's prices.

Any gun will set you back 15k, ramping will cost you 50k, a showmessage? 1mil. A carbomb? Depending on the size, anywhere from 400k to around one million more than that.

I'm suggesting a somewhat more realistic economy, with somewhat realistic prices, and more ways to get money.

Right now, on LVP, you spawn with $2500, for LVP:IV, I think $250 would be a nicer amount. Minigames would also be cheaper of course, so you can play minigames even without any spare money, other than what you spawn with.

As for properties, there's currently a lot of them, which I like. What I don't like, however, is that once you get enough money to buy one expensive property, you'll be able to buy 15 more in no time, and if you do that a few times, you'll have more than enough money on your bank to last months with. Instead of having the normal 3-minute pay you receive right now, I think you should visit your properties, in a similar way to assets in Vice City and San Andreas. i.e. you buy a property for $1000, a few minutes later it has produced say, $250, but instead of immediately receiving it, you have to revisit the property to collect your earnings. This way you'll actually have to do something other than just staying ingame for a long time to actually earn some money.

On top of that, I think there should be a new limit to the amount of properties you can buy, instead of it being related to the amount of ingame time, I think it should be related to the property type. What is a property type? A property type would be, well, a type of property. :+ For example, a hotdog stand could be a 'lowest' type property, a burgershot could be a 'low' type, a bar or a diner could be a 'medium' type, and a big hotel or whatever could be a 'high' property type. Finally, there would be a 'special' property type, but I'll get to that in a bit.

"So Rien, what's the difference between those property types?"

Quite simple, the price for a lower type property would obviously be lower, as well as the earnings, a 'special' type property would be something like the current taxi property; a property that gives you a special benefit or an added source of income.

So, to avoid people from buying too many properties at once, there would be a max to the amount of properties per type I could buy. For example; there's a huge amount of hot dog stands in liberty city, to avoid someone from buying them all, a person would only be able to buy 3 or 4 of these. in addition, he'd be able to buy an additional 2 or 3 'low' type properties, 1 or 2 'medium' properties, 1 'high' type, and one 'special' property.

"But Rien, how are we ever going to buy anything now?"

Simple, lower the prices. A deagle should cost no more than a few hundred dollars, an M4 no more than one or two thousand. as said before, a minigame would cost $250. I think a 9mm with some spare clips would make a decent starting weapon.

As for property prices, I think $1000 for the aforementioned hot dog stands is a reasonable price. anywhere from $5000 - $25000 for a 'low' type property, $25000 - $75000 for a 'medium' type, $75000 - $500000 for a 'high' type, and anywhere from $1000 - $500000 for a 'special' type propertie.

Additionally, Sander mentioned that because there probably won't be a lot of vehicles outside of Algonquin, there will probably be a vehicle spawn command. Depending on how wealthy you are, you could spawn anything from a rusty old Vigero:

[Image: 830px-Vigero-GTA4-beater2-front.jpg]

To a sexy Infernus!

[Image: 830px-Infernus-GTA4-Stevie-front.jpg]

Additionally, VIP's could have the option to buy a car, for a higher price than just spawning it, but with the added bonus that they can spawn it again whenever they want later for a small fee. For example, let's say it would cost $250 to spawn the Vigero mentioned above. A VIP could then buy that car for $500 (maybe at a location such as autoeroticar) and then spawn it for $100 every x minutes.

I'd come up with some more ideas, but I've already forgotten a lot of them. I'll update this post when I think of anything. Please leave any opinions and feedback here, thanks :)

-Rien
<3

Just reading this makes me hard excited for the future of LVP:IV. This is exactly how it should be done!
Goodluck.
Thats of course a great collection of ideas. really looking forward to play IV:MP!

gl LVP!
Good luck
Nice ideas :)

IV:MP will def be a great place to implement a lot of the ideas we had for LVP 3.0.
Good ideas Rien!
Great ideas. Wonder if it'd be possible to choose your spawnpoint too? That'd be a nice feature.
(01-10-2011, 07:11 AM)Matthias link Wrote:Good ideas Rien!
Fix /nitro :7 O+
I see you mentioned VIP's, so I became up with a question.
Do we need to donate again to be VIP or the VIP's are given to the same persons that have donated to SA-MP LVP?