Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Discussion topic
I wish I could spend some extra money to buy it & test it . Maby someone willing to sent a copy to me  ? xD
So is IV:MP any good?
I wish I could play, but unfortunately my current graphics-card is a bit shitty. Might invest in a new one next month. Looks hella' fun.
(01-16-2011, 02:35 AM)Calvin link Wrote:I wish I could play, but unfortunately my current graphics-card is a bit shitty. Might invest in a new one next month. Looks hella' fun.

IV is a cpu based game though..
@ Thug: true, GTA IV really profits from a quadcore, but that doesn't mean a graphics card is unimportant.

We've worked on a dynamic vehicle spawning system yesterday.
Also great news, the IV:MP WIKI was updated yesterday, and Beta2 will have some nice new limits :)

Vehicle limit 65534 (Was 140)
Object limit 65534 (Was 100)
Blip limit 1300 (Was 32)
Pickup limit 65534 (New)

Still.. we are hoping also for a higher model limit, which is currently 50 different models. Which isn't that bad, but initially our random vehicle spawner used all available models. And that was the reason why the server was causing client crashes. Once it exceeded 50 different models the client crashed :(
About a week ago I recorded 6 concept races for LVP:IV. Routes can still change, the vehicles can and will change for sure, the number of participants can change.. etc etc.
Didn't post the links to youtube yet, so.. here they are.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=...A866866A2D

Race 1 Harbor Race
Race 2 Airport Ring-a-Ding
Race 3 Airport Dragrace (Will most likely be dropped)
Race 4 Airport Runway
Race 5 Acter Industrial Race
Race 6 Liberty Statue

Most races are 1 lap races, but long races, or for example the Airport Ring-a-Ding has the "same" lap 3 times, with a slight variation per lap.
We still need our minigame and race handlers first, then we can start creating the real races.
saw them a few days ago on youtube , its cool ;) , how many players does LVP got on the IV server ?

Infected Mushroom ftw .
Well, the current playerlimit is 32, and we have around 0, since we do not announce our server to the IV:MP masterlist, yet.
Sometimes during testing about 5+ players, but not yet a steady playerbase.
lol with the objects Nakebod, btw seems the carhandling is worse on IV than SA? haha
Thanx for the films