Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Future...
Yo,

Short and simple: Instead of releasing a new feature release every month we should definatly take us some time to clean up the whole source and fix all (or the most) "possible-to-fix" bugs. The whole source is a mess, it's very hard to find things, thats why there are double- or triplefunctions, also there are still many dutch comments from the beginning.

A suitiable solution would be a include file for every developer with the commented native functions because I'm sure that that would help to remember functions better. The functions would show up at the right side of the Pawno editor like this:

[Image: unbenasfs.jpg]

It'd be nice if you could post your ideas here too.
I've just created a milestone - LVP 2.93.3 - All known bug fixes.
http://trac.sa-mp.nl/lvp/milestone/LVP%2...20Cleanups

Currently it has 22 tickets. This can be our next release after the Christmas update. Since there is quite a bit to do, I've set the completion date as Sunday 9th January 2011. This should give us something to do during the holidays :)

After that we'll have some time to decide what to do next, i.e. whether we should continue with the current process or begin making preperations for a major cleanup, or possibly even a complete re-factor of the code. (The latter sounding the most sensible)
Thoughts?
Late comment: I agree with thiaZ, cleaning up is necessary. Small idea: if you're going to clean up the source, maybe have one syntax all over the source?

Eg, one way to comment a function/handler, one way to script:

Code:
if(iNumber == 1337)
vs
Code:
if( iNumber == 1337 )
vs
Code:
if ( iNumber == 1337 )

etc. I recall that somebody (Peter I think?) wrote that somewhere in the guidelines, can't find it right now though.
First option, IMO.
I'm willing to create an automated style-checker for the entire gamemode, but then the coding style has to be clear. My preference:

Code:
#include <file>
#include "file.pwn"

stock functionName (param1, param2)
{
    new a, b = 2, c;
    new foo = b;

if (foo == (a + c))
    {
        printf ("Foo equals %d + %d", a, c);
        return 1;
    }