Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[C] Hackers with no admins on.
[Image: sa-mp-093.jpg]

I'm kinda disappointed that we can not even seem to have 1 admin on at this time of night. (by this time of night I mean right now when this post is posted) but yeah, MacSto does live in the same near-by timezone as me, but he happens to have a bed time and doesn't get to see this part of night. The only one who really does is jerico, but he's normally at work and such or too busy to play.

This hacker in specific has been taken care of already, but performance even with MacSto and his hours is slow and still not doing much effect. As for me, I prefer being up night and mornings so I normally do get to see the times no crew is on and hackers, abusers and such roam the server.

Solution (for the few people who who think there is too much crew): Either wake up earlier or quit nagging about LVP having too much crew. I would love to be proved wrong in this situation.

But if it really does come down to this, I'm willing to offer my own time to take these few hours to watch the server until morning crew is on.
I've been for the past week now anyways.

[Edit] Had to edit some of this because someone is a little pissy at me now. He knows who he is.
(10-18-2010, 10:01 AM)xbluexfoxx link Wrote: But if it really does come down to this, I'm willing to offer my own time to take these few hours to watch the server until morning crew is on.
I've been for the past week now anyways.

Are you somehow trying to promote or sell yourself?  :roll:

It basically comes down to this:
We already have a very large crew, consisting of some 25 admins and moderators. Also, we try to attract new crewmembers from different timezones all across the globe, to make an all around the day coverage possible. Because of that, LVP has one of the highest crewcoverages compared to other big or populair servers.
But even with that many crew and our efforts to keep the coverage as high as possible, it's impossible to have an admin or moderator ingame at any time. Therefore there will always be situations where cheaters are able to roam around the server for a long time before getting banned. This is something we cannot prevent.

Maintaining the crew and keeping the crewcoverage at a high level is an ongoing task though. As soon as we think that new crewmembers are needed, the neccessary people will be invited. Untill then you have to come to IRC and ask for someone to ban the cheater(s), hoping that a crewmember is present at that time.
(10-20-2010, 07:02 AM)Dennis link Wrote: Are you somehow trying to promote or sell yourself?  :roll:

It basically comes down to this:
We already have a very large crew, consisting of some 25 admins and moderators. Also, we try to attract new crewmembers from different timezones all across the globe, to make an all around the day coverage possible. Because of that, LVP has one of the highest crewcoverages compared to other big or populair servers.
But even with that many crew and our efforts to keep the coverage as high as possible, it's impossible to have an admin or moderator ingame at any time. Therefore there will always be situations where cheaters are able to roam around the server for a long time before getting banned. This is something we cannot prevent.

Maintaining the crew and keeping the crewcoverage at a high level is an ongoing task though. As soon as we think that new crewmembers are needed, the neccessary people will be invited. Untill then you have to come to IRC and ask for someone to ban the cheater(s), hoping that a crewmember is present at that time.

The goal of this topic is to see if it is possible to get the most coverage possible, ex: if any admins or mods can be available at that time to take that shift. No I was not trying to promote myself in-fact it was kind of an insult that the server can have this much crew world wide and a 6-10 hour gap that's not covered. All I'm asking is-is it possible to get someone online at these hours?

Regards
-xBlueXFoxx

[Edit] This is my point exactly, 3:13AM atm where I live. Many people speaking non-english, ID: 26 is speed hacking and no crew in sight, can't get ahold of any on IRC either.
We are always trying to get the best possible coverage. We've been doing that since the starting days of the server.
The only thing we can do though, is provide the server with a big enough crew, spread over different timezones and ask our crew to be ingame regularly. I can't make a planning, stating at what time every crewmember has got to go ingame.

I am aware of the 6-10 or maybe even 6-12 gap in our crewcoverage. Currently there's not much we can do about that. If we will find suitable candidates who are often online during that timeslot, we'll consider inviting them into the crew.