Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Which WINDOWS is best ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Windows Xp
37.50%
18 37.50%
Windows Vista
4.17%
2 4.17%
Windows 7
58.33%
28 58.33%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which windows is best?
(10-05-2010, 05:54 PM)Munch link Wrote: You asked for our favourite Windows but you only included 3 (and not their sub-versions like XP Pro). What if someone completely hates Windows and wants to avoid using it unless they have to (college)? There should be a ''neither'' or ''other'' option at least.

My vote would go too Windows XP Professional.

Those sub versions are complete bullshit, just to get more money cuz it haz Pr0 in zeh name.

Apple FTW
And linux :D
(10-05-2010, 05:54 PM)Munch link Wrote: You asked for our favourite Windows but you only included 3 (and not their sub-versions like XP Pro). What if someone completely hates Windows and wants to avoid using it unless they have to (college)? There should be a ''neither'' or ''other'' option at least.

My vote would go too Windows XP Professional.
I doubt he can list every option like Prof, Ultimate, and whatnot for both 32 and 64 bit lol. Also, the question is which windows system, not which operating system. He doesn't have to include Ubuntu or whatever.

My vote would go to Windows 7.
(10-05-2010, 08:41 PM)DogEatsDog link Wrote: Those sub versions are complete bullshit, just to get more money cuz it haz Pr0 in zeh name.

Uhh people don't buy a new operating system just because it has pro in the name....
And I've never had Vista but it's said that the later sub versions are much better than the original Vista, still shit but much better, so there are more to them than ''more money'' for having pro in the name.

(10-05-2010, 09:04 PM)Matthias link Wrote: I doubt he can list every option like Prof, Ultimate, and whatnot for both 32 and 64 bit lol. Also, the question is which windows system, not which operating system. He doesn't have to include Ubuntu or whatever.

My vote would go to Windows 7.

He asked which Windows do we like best but not giving the option of ''neither'' and he only gave us XP, Vista and W7. What if we prefered ME or '98?
(10-05-2010, 01:10 PM)Hitman link Wrote: @bluefox: have fun with a soon-to-be 10 year old OS :)

I'd say Vista SP2 and 7 are pretty much the same, but due to the fact that 7 supports DX11 and another few minor shizzle, i'd say Windows 7 (x64) is the best Windows right now.

lolwut?! I use windows 7 prick.

(10-05-2010, 01:46 PM)Hitman link Wrote: Bluefox said he thinks Windows XP best. Which is, soon, 10 years old.

I never said that, stop making shit up. :<
I had a Vista for 5years, works good for me, but its kinda slow sense i had it so long.

Vista ftw
Your topic is somewhat confusing, the title says "Which windows is best?", but in the initial post you ask which is everyone's favorite, which are 2 different questions.

As of which is "best": There's actually no best Windows imo, it all depends on user experience, and most importantly, on HARDWARE. I could say Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits is the best, but what if you have a 7 years old PC? You'll end up hating it and stick to XP, for example.

As of my favorite: With my current hardware, Windows 7 64 bits with no doubt. Also, a sidenote; I know it's your opinion but I'll just comment based on personal experience v

(10-05-2010, 11:15 AM)Danny link Wrote: XP is the smallest, fastest, most stable, most customizable and also the most compatible operating system by Microsoft, therefore it's my favorite.

I gotta disagree with what is in bold. I tried Windows XP on this PC, and it has no strenght to fight against Windows 7. Constant application crashes, much slower in general and as most should know, due to its popularity and age it's a virus magnet (even worse given I don't use any antivirus), but that's an offtopic issue. That, not to mention that the x64 version is much worse due to its real poor compatibility coverage.

(10-05-2010, 11:15 AM)Danny link Wrote: From a gamer point of view, it's also great because it uses barely any memory, so you can run games without having to close every other application open on your copmuter, like on say Vista or Seven.

Uh... I get a much better performance in _every_ game I've played on Windows 7, also normal applications, so I think the less memory usage won't help much in that case (hence Windows 7's System requirements are higher than on XP and it's not recommended for older PCs)

(10-05-2010, 11:15 AM)Danny link Wrote: Sadly, it doesn't support Dx10 or 11, and more and more games are being released with those requirements. So it's getting a lil' old.

I might be wrong, but that's the problem: new hardware has better compatibility with newer operating systems. Perhaps that's why I get so many trouble with Windows XP in this PC, yet Windows 7 works perfectly and much better.
windows vista xp and seven has many sub version it will confuse the voters
i voted for windows xp cause suitable for all aplication and games  d:)b
(10-09-2010, 06:25 AM)Zouk link Wrote: i voted for windows xp cause suitable for all aplication and games  d:)b

Not all. Carmageddon 2 doesn't work on XP. :( (They say with patches it works but it didn't for me.)
(10-06-2010, 12:52 AM)Tpimp link Wrote: I had a Vista for 5years, works good for me, but its kinda slow sense i had it so long.

Vista ftw

Your from the future? Vista aint 5 years old