Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

.ashx / .pdf
Hello guys, I have to fill some admissions form, and i can't open them they are .ashx and others .pdf
anyone know what software i could download to open them?
thanks.
try changing them into .txt by right click > rename "name.ashx" to "name.txt"

Then open with notepad.
(09-30-2010, 11:36 AM)Jordi link Wrote: try changing them into .txt by right click > rename "name.ashx" to "name.txt"

Then open with notepad.

It wasn't name.ashx it was just name so when i do name.txt the name changes but the item type doesn't.
Go to your folder options in the system settings, and uncheck the "hide known file types" or something like that (dunno whats it called in english).

then you can change the file type via renaming... but i doubt that simpy making the .ashx into a .txt will work.
..also, .pdf files can be opened with adobe reader
As much as I like adobe products, I actually prefer Foxit Reader
(09-30-2010, 11:36 AM)Jordi link Wrote: try changing them into .txt by right click > rename "name.ashx" to "name.txt"

Then open with notepad.

or make it an .doc and open it with word, if you are lucke one of the first words youll see you will maybe know.... hopefully it will be something lke pdf or png or gif o dow or tif r jpg etc. Than you have to not make it a .doc but a .pdf or .png or .gif etc. but i think it has something to do with VisualStudio or Dreamweaver or Borland?
Another way is to open a program and try opening the file by using -> open -> browse to file -> open if you know what i mean... If you do that with all installed programs youll know f you can open it.
Another way is rightclic on the file -> open -> search for program on internet...

pdf can be opened with adobe acrobat reader which can be downloaded at www.adobe.com

gl
Apparently, Safari opens .ashx files.
Adobe Reader or Foxit, to open .pdf files, i prefer Foxit, alot faster and smaller in size