Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

GTA IV: How to increase your FPS
Hi,

If you run everything on low and you still get a shitty FPS, you can use this "tool" I found. I increased mine from 20-25 to 40-45 using it. It allows you to play on a lower resolution than the ingame minimum (800x600) and uses more video memory.

1) Go to your main GTA IV directory

Standard for Steam users: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV

2) Make a file called commandline.txt in that folder.

Paste this into it:

Code:
-width 512
-height 384
-refreshrate 60
-availablevidmem 5.00
-nomemrestrict
-novblank
-fullscreen

3) Go ingame

4) Go to your graphics options -> turn Definition on (otherwise it'll look REALLY shitty).

5) Enjoy!

It looks like this:

[Image: vBjtP.png]

Of course it doesn't look great, but the game is more enjoyable like this for me.
Nice
would that work with 512MB ram and Pentium4 ?
(09-25-2010, 12:53 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: would that work with 512MB ram and Pentium4 ?

If you can walk on water, then it could work.
Playing in 512x384? :O

I play with 10.54-times the pixels :))
Thnk you Matt going to try this!
w00t how is it possible to play with 512x384?  ..im playing on 1680 X 1050 tried to play on 800 X 600 but thats just fuck the game up .
I also have a commandline.txt.[code=commandline.txt]-norestrictions -availablevidmem 1.0 -nomemrestrict -percentvidmem 100[/code]Without this line and with an active event logger my game used to lag horribly.
But with this line I can play the game smoothly on the maximum resolution.

(09-25-2010, 06:35 AM)Matthias link Wrote: Hi,

If you run everything on low and you still get a shitty FPS, you can use this "tool" I found. I increased mine from 20-25 to 40-45 using it. It allows you to play on a lower resolution than the ingame minimum (800x600) and uses more video memory.

1) Go to your main GTA IV directory

Standard for Steam users: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV

2) Make a file called commandline.txt in that folder.

Paste this into it:

Code:
-width 512
-height 384
-refreshrate 60
-availablevidmem 5.00
-nomemrestrict
-novblank
-fullscreen

3) Go ingame

4) Go to your graphics options -> turn Definition on (otherwise it'll look REALLY shitty).

5) Enjoy!

It looks like this:

[Image: vBjtP.png]

Of course it doesn't look great, but the game is more enjoyable like this for me.

Nice thanks! What are your graphics settings in the game?
1980x1080 win O+