Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Can I? windows 7
Hello,

Can i CHANGE  my current microsoft(WINDOWS XP) to windows 7!!!??

current:
OS: Windows XP Professional SP3 (Build #2600) CPU: Intel Pentium 4,  1.80 GHz, 512 KB 3Video: Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller (1024x768x32bpp 60Hz) Sound: SoundMAX Digital Audio Memory: Used: 199/247MB 3Uptime: 3w 8h 27m 28s 3HD Space: Free: 3.79 GB/37.26 GB Connection: TeamViewer VPN Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport @ 10.0 Mbps (Rec: 0.00MB Sent: 0.00MB)
you can't be serious? lol
Even though I don't know anything about pc's, this seems pretty impossible to me :+
You can't just change it like that. You'll need to go out and buy a Windows 7 CD. Then you'll need to back up everything on your computer you want to keep (photos, files, music, etc...) like on an external hard drive or another PC (or even a USB stick, if it's big enough). Then you'll need to format your computer and install Windows 7 with the CD.

You can find out how to do all of that by googling it.
(09-16-2010, 10:22 AM)Danny link Wrote: You can't just change it like that. You'll need to go out and buy a Windows 7 CD. Then you'll need to back up everything on your computer you want to keep (photos, files, music, etc...) like on an external hard drive or another PC (or even a USB stick, if it's big enough). Then you'll need to format your computer and install Windows 7 with the CD.

You can find out how to do all of that by googling it.

You don't exactly have to do it like that, you know :+

Either way though, there's no way his pc will be able to handle Windows 7.
You should upgrade your rig before installing Windows 7. Take a look at Hitman's topic, here  ;)
Oh I didn't read that :+
You will need a new computer to be able to run Windows 7.
lmfao, this pc is like 8 years old
Woah guys, keep it cool, at least let him try it. To fulfill his curiosity.