Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

General Minecraft Discussion
[Image: minecraft.jpg]

What is Minecraft? Minecraft is probably best described as a sandbox game. You start the game, in the middle of nowhere, your goal? Well, there is no real goal, you can't 'win' in Minecraft, you can only play, and explore.
Basically, you collect resources like wood, stone, coal and iron, to make tools, with tools you can collect even more resources even faster, and before you know it, you've built a huge fortress with a huge-ass mineshaft down to the bottom of the earth.

The awesome thing about Minecraft, is that the maps are always randomly generated, you could begin the game next to a mountain, or on a small island, either way, there's plenty to explore, 'cause the maps can be up to 8 times as big as the Earth's surface.

Yes.

8 times the surface of Earth.

The game's currently in Alpha, so there's still a number of items and stuff that don't really have a use yet, but updates constantly add new items and fucntions to the game.

Oh and the graphics just make it more awesome.

[Image: mcimg001.png]

Minecraft Flight

Video showing off teh awesome map generator
I was gonna make this topic D:
Someone introduced me to it about 2 weeks ago. I have to say, it's really awesome for something that's 30mb.

I didn't pay for it :x but if I had, it'd be worth the whole 9.95 Euros I spent :P

Oh, it has a multiplayer too. And a free online multiplayer thing on their website.
I bought it a few days ago, frequent updates ftw :D

Multiplayer doesn't really work as good as the Singleplayer atm, but Notch's working on getting that fixed. :D
lol..  :X
I've played that before, it's pretty awesome :>
[Image: map5obcsc.png]

My current map :))
Where did you get that? :o
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic....25&t=13134

It's an awesome tool that maps your worlds, and it can also tell you many details about them :)

EDIT: Same map, after a bit of exploring

[Image: map5obrcr.png]
[Image: map3-obliqueangle-rotated-day.png]

Can you spot this building? :P

[Image: Mansion.png]
I think I see multiple buildings on that map :+

Anywho, might aswell post some pics of my stuff :D

[Image: mc1.png]

[Image: mc2.png]
This is supposed to be a lighthouse, but it turned out pretty bad D: