Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

General Minecraft Discussion
In some ways, the things that spawn at night are a pain. I don't mind about them spawning in caves, but I play the game because I enjoy building. Not to get killed on some island 3 miles away from the spawnpoint and loose all my material.
You can disable the mobs from spawning you know :+

Just set the difficulty to Peaceful and they no longer spawn. I usually play on hard, but when I'm still building and not focusing on mining and exploring too much, I set it to Peaceful :)
I'd already done that when I read what you said, but now I have problems with my game. I have no idea whether it's to do with that though, but it's only happened since I started my game in "easy" and saved recently in "peaceful". When I closed the game and opened it later, I'd lost everything I was carrying and respawned at my spawnpoint. This happens every time I save now, no matter what difficulty I'm in.

Anyone know why? D:
Hmmz, I've lost a savefile due to my pc freezing while I was playing, but I'm assuming that didn't happen to you. Anywho, I can switch difficulty just fine D:

It's not that, it's just when I spawn after having saved carrying loads of stuff - it's all gone. I lost about 40 blocks of iron, coal, glass... about 5x that in wood and stone... all my tools D:
It only saves them if I put them in a case, which isn't handy if I'm out and about exploring.
My game fixed itself. No need to panic!

Also, Notch has announced that until the server is fixed, the game is free to play and can be downloaded from the main page of www.minecraft.net

So if you were wondering if it's your kind of game or not, now's the time to check it out.
Actually I'm getting an error while trying to start the game now, hope it'll get fixed soon :'D
Yeah it's an update error isn't it?

Download this file, just double click it and let it update. Then close it, your original game files will work.
Wee, that worked, thanks :)
No problem.

I was playing in Peaceful mode, so I could mine without being attacked and loosing all my stuff 300 meters underground and it all disappearing before I could get it back. I was mining when I came across a cavern off to the side.

There was water, coal, lava, iron, redstone and, right at the bottom of a huge hole, something I'd never seen before:

[Image: blobs.png]