Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Bootup problem
This is the new pc you got?
(08-12-2010, 10:27 PM)durrrr link Wrote: This is the new pc you got?
If you mean the monitor, its Mark's second one.
Well the only thing I'm seeing you can do is, turn off, disconnect all connections to the computer (usb, power, all that) Leave the power supply switch to off, open up the computer, remove the battery from the motherboard, then press the startup button 5 times, flip the power supply off, leave it unplugged from any power source for the next 30 minutes, this will reset the CMOS/Bios.
(08-12-2010, 10:56 PM)xbluexfoxx link Wrote: Well the only thing I'm seeing you can do is, turn off, disconnect all connections to the computer (usb, power, all that) Leave the power supply switch to off, open up the computer, remove the battery from the motherboard, then press the startup button 5 times, flip the power supply off, leave it unplugged from any power source for the next 30 minutes, this will reset the CMOS/Bios.
What do you mean flip the power supply off two times? :?
i had the same, your bios is DEAD instert the DVD you got with your computer when you bought it
it has a recovery flash bios ultility, it makes a ghost bios version and your pc should boot up again
althoud you need to dowload a brand new bios for you motherboard and flash
the bios again to get the brand new version on it...
after you done that its also recomended to reinstall your Windows cuz it may stop reconize drivers....
Good Luck!
(08-13-2010, 09:40 AM)MidNight link Wrote: i had the same, your bios is DEAD instert the DVD you got with your computer when you bought it
it has a recovery flash bios ultility, it makes a ghost bios version and your pc should boot up again
althoud you need to dowload a brand new bios for you motherboard and flash
the bios again to get the brand new version on it...
after you done that its also recomended to reinstall your Windows cuz it may stop reconize drivers....
Good Luck!
I built my computer not bought it.
you also build your motherboard from the very piece of metal?
lol every motherboard comes included with this DVD, its the one with the drivers
for the moterboard, just insert it in and it shoud do the job for you
(08-13-2010, 09:47 AM)MidNight link Wrote: you also build your motherboard from the very piece of metal?
lol every motherboard comes included with this DVD, its the one with the drivers
for the moterboard, jsut insert it in and it shoud do the job for you
Oh, ill try it out.

EDIT: I just tryed it and nothing happend, still spamming the screen of "Bios recovery requested, please insert USB flash with bios"

(08-12-2010, 10:56 PM)xbluexfoxx link Wrote: Well the only thing I'm seeing you can do is, turn off, disconnect all connections to the computer (usb, power, all that) Leave the power supply switch to off, open up the computer, remove the battery from the motherboard, then press the startup button 5 times, flip the power supply off, leave it unplugged from any power source for the next 30 minutes, this will reset the CMOS/Bios.
That didn't help.

[modbreak]You could've modified your post once again instead of double-posting.[/modbreak]
Near the battery on your motherboard there should be 3 pins with a jumper over 2 of them. Might say CLR CMOS under it. Lift the jumper off and put it on the 2 other pins. Then after 10 seconds, put the jumper back on the first 2. (diagram below)

i  i  i = 3 pins

__ = jumper

__
i  i  i  <Before you've touched anything
__
i  i  i  <Put jumper on first 2 pins for 10 seconds    (You know you're doing the right thing if at this point, your computer doesn't start up.)
  __
i  i  i  <Put it back how it was before
Can't see those 3pins, but i do have a button near the battery that says clr CMOS.