Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[TUTORIAL] How to fix the "Black Roads" graphical glich in GTA SA!
Well i see that many people
already probably experienced something like this:

[Image: gtatutp4.jpg]

Its know as the "Black Roads" graphical glich in GTA San Andreas, the only way
to fix it is to patch the game to v 1.1 but then you cant play SA-MP anymore
so what to do???? :?
There is the moment where i like to help....
The thing is that GTA SA misses graphical filters,
but thats why you have graphics drivers.
Me personaly i have a ATI Graphics Card so i have the ATI Catalist Control Center,
Nvidia shoud have the same with the same principe...
Now if you wanna get rid of that nasty black roads and wanna improve
the quality of the vids you post on youtube or you just completly
hate the shit in the distance, well then falow my steps and lets beat the system
  >:)

First of all you go to your graphics driver, right click on desktop and select
your ATI/NVIDIA Sofware like you see o the picture below:

[Image: gtatutp1.jpg]

It should popup something like this:

[Image: gtatutp2.jpg]

The next thing, you need to go into the '3D' tab and select
Anisotropic Filtering and set it on maximum:

[Image: gtatutp3.jpg]

This is the thing that fixes the glich and dont worry, it wont slow down your pc AT ALL,
i tested the frame rates and its completly the same.

So there you go no more black roads in the distance:  :)

[Image: gtatutp5.jpg]

Regards MidNight.
doesn't that change the graphics settings for all games then?
yes but you can disable that in the game so only the driver handles it and having filters in the
driver is much better like having it ingame cuz it gaves you more fps so far i heard...
like one time i saw a vid someone had crysis maxed out with 8xAA ingame he had around 20 fps,
he turned the AA off and instead turned it on the driver, now he had 50-60 fps and same graphicks  ;)
it doesnt harms the graphicks to much the only thing it does is that you see the distance clearer...
Can this harm your graphic card? I have Nvidia btw
lol its just Anisotropic Filterung, should be set to "Global 16x".

It makes shizzle look better (distance especially) and barely eats performance, which is why it should be enabled anyways.

To get a really good look set the settings to 16x AF / 4x AA (or more / different AA like CSAA if you got the spare gpu power)
Misunderstanding.
(08-19-2010, 10:11 PM)LasTRace link Wrote: Lol almost, those pictures have no difference. I have ati radeon hd 3800, ill send here a pic like urs, mine have much higher quality.

LR

He wasn't showing off his graphics >_> he was showing us how to fix a glitch.

And it worked. Thanks.
GTASA is a rather funny games, it's like halo PC, it will not accept any form of outer Anti Aliasing. The AS x16 will improve the texture draw distance without any damage to your FPS mainly because it only takes 0.10MB-2MB of your video memory to handle these resolution of textures.

Keep in mind, the higher the AS filtering the higher resolution, mainly because it will look very "choppy and glitchy" at further distances, ex: 2x AS = 640x480 | 4x AS 800x600 | 8x AS 1024x768 - 1152 x 864 | 16x AA 720P (1280x ###). Just figure I would mention these facts since this is what this topics about, now for a bit of Q&A.

(08-12-2010, 07:35 PM)Rien link Wrote: doesn't that change the graphics settings for all games then?

Sadly for ATI yes, nvidia you can select the applications.

(08-12-2010, 09:30 PM)SaDist link Wrote: Can this harm your graphic card? I have Nvidia btw

No, it's perfectly fine, barely takes any performance off your games unless you're playing "Crysis".

(08-19-2010, 10:11 PM)LasTRace link Wrote: Lol almost, those pictures have no difference. I have ati radeon hd 3800, ill send here a pic like urs, mine have much higher quality.
LR

Get your eyes fixed.
How can I do this in Nvidia Graphics? I want to get rid of that shadow....
(08-21-2010, 03:25 AM)SaDist link Wrote: How can I do this in Nvidia Graphics? I want to get rid of that shadow....

Nvidia's control panel, should be an option under the "3D" tab or something. (You need the latest graphic driver)