Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Looking for games with stories!
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2.
They, especially 1, beat the shit out of 90% of the shooters mentioned already in terms of storyline (and plenty of other categories IMO).

Good news is they're 6-8 years old too- not dated, but your computer should handle them.

Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 10 too.
Avoid FarCry 2... amazing map.. thats about it.  Every mission is the same, terrible AI...as for the story..trust me theres more story in the first 3 lines of the first cut screen in half life 2 than all of farcry 2.

The original Far Cry is far superior with a good story too, well worth playing if you havn't already.  FarCry 2 is totally seperate and different than farcry so when you get to the end of FarCry don't do something silly like wasting money and/or bandwidth on FarCry 2.

Personally, games I played that are decent combined with a good deep story along the lines of Half Life etc where you crave for more information are as follows.

Fallout 3 + expansions
Wolfenstein series
Crysis + Crysis Warhead
F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R 2 + expansions
Painkiller

Cream of the crop would have to be Mass Effect 2, altho I'm half way through playing a newly released game called Singularity, and its blowing everything out of the water so far. But I'm not finished it yet...but wow.

Be carefull Dan, a few people have suggested complete shite games...with even more crappy storylines.  www.metacritic.com    <--- they are your friend
myst
(07-02-2010, 11:58 AM)captaint link Wrote: myst

_O_

Did I mention The Path already btw?
(06-07-2010, 03:52 PM)Rien link Wrote: The Path.

:P

I'll check them out.
(07-01-2010, 09:48 PM)bubbles link Wrote: Avoid FarCry 2... amazing map.. thats about it.  Every mission is the same, terrible AI...as for the story..trust me theres more story in the first 3 lines of the first cut screen in half life 2 than all of farcry 2.

The original Far Cry is far superior with a good story too, well worth playing if you havn't already.  FarCry 2 is totally seperate and different than farcry so when you get to the end of FarCry don't do something silly like wasting money and/or bandwidth on FarCry 2.

Truth be spoken, you only really get into the game if you want to see the ending.

I guess there is also the God of war series and Assasins creed. (Not sure if these were posted yet didn't bother looking)
Assassins Creed 1 was terrible. After the 4th chamber, you just had to replay the same mission over and over and over again. As for AC2, not really sure.

I heard Crysis story is boring, and the game itself sucks. People just use it to test their pc's.

F.E.A.R. without a doubt is a must play, and F.E.A.R. 2
kabump.

(07-02-2010, 08:34 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Assassins Creed 1 was terrible. After the 4th chamber, you just had to replay the same mission over and over and over again. As for AC2, not really sure.

AC2's a _lot_ more diverse than AC1, even though you'll still do the same stuff every now and then, it's not just "Go there, do this, then kill dude X" anymore.

Also, has anyone here played Borderlands?
(07-29-2010, 10:44 PM)Rien link Wrote: Also, has anyone here played Borderlands?

I have. I got it but my PC went crazy couple months ago and had to reinstall my Windows and everything else and haven't put that back on yet. The story gets kind of repetitive after a while. But other than that worth every penny I spent on it.
hmmk, I spent 10 euros on it during the summer sales, played it for an hour or so, and haven't played it since 'cause I had to reinstall W7, was just wondering if it was worth playing at all :+