Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

4 Tools to improve performance
(05-26-2010, 10:26 PM)Dan_ link Wrote: Windows XP. Service pack 3.
Quite a low spec computer, but I was hoping it wouldn't slow it down any more than fraps does.

Yeah I'm not sure how it runs on low spec computers.
(05-24-2010, 05:02 PM)Mark link Wrote: Fraps recording depends on your settings, you just need to adjust them manually and you will be good. And for some people the sound loss is really a loss.
Yeah i can't get my sound on. I hate it! 
(05-26-2010, 11:59 PM)Tpimp1 link Wrote: Yeah i can't get my sound on. I hate it!

Cover it up with music? :+
(05-26-2010, 11:06 PM)xbluexfoxx link Wrote: Yeah I'm not sure how it runs on low spec computers.

I can tell you - not very well. :+
Why would ANYONE want a recording program that doesn't record?
It's obviously predominantly a video recording program, not audio.

Having said that, it sucks at recording video too, my .avi's were all either monochromatic or inverted >_>
The new FRAPS (v3.0 and higher) is a LOT better then the old versions (2.9 and lower), barely lags anymore (atleast for me)
I use it. Still lags me.
Hoping to get a new computer tomorrow or the day after though, so hopefully no more lag.
(05-27-2010, 10:50 PM)Dan_ link Wrote: I use it. Still lags me.
Hoping to get a new computer tomorrow or the day after though, so hopefully no more lag.

You basically only need a damn fast HDD for FRAPS, other components are less important.

The faster your HDD, the less lag with FRAPS. Simple as.
(05-25-2010, 02:54 PM)Dan_ link Wrote: I can't record sound anyway, so I'll give it a try.

It reduces my FPS just as much as Fraps >_>
Do you have Realtek installed?