Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[WIP] HayStack
Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls.

The Haystack has been a planned feature ever since LVP 2.90 was in development. Below is a video showing what it is.

MTA Hay (levels 0 to 100)

As you can see, the Haystack was a MTA Gamemode. I was working on adding a SA-MP version of this to LVP, but, object limits got in the way. Now that we stream objects, we'll be re-adding it to the next version. I'll invite you all for a test once it's stable.

Features:

* Automatic moving hay - Hay will move to random places at random times

* Timer free!

* Two methods: Freeroam & Minigame. The freeroam version will just be the haystack in the main world. The minigame will consist of players spawning at the bottom, and will be a competition of who reaches the top the first. Players will not be removed from the minigame until they type /leave or reach the top.

* Unlimited levels - Again thanks to the streamer it will be possible to add as many haystack levels as we want! Perhaps this could be an option for the person who starts the minigame.

Note that we do have other priorities first. It's unknown how long it will be before I finally get around to implementing it until we compile a roadmap. I'll invite you all to the alpha versions once it's working.

If anyone has any opinions or ideas on how we can expand it, please reply.
It would be a bad idea imo to put it in the main world. People will just shoot and destroy the hay with guns.

Also, for the hay in the minigame, you will have to remove all weapons from people and disable punching.
(04-25-2010, 08:14 PM)Darius link Wrote: It would be a bad idea imo to put it in the main world. People will just shoot and destroy the hay with guns.

Yeah but that's fun :P It could respawn every say, 2 minutes in the main world?
You can add something like a triathlon minigame, where you start with the Haystack, then arrive to a road where there is a car/bike spawned, and after you cross it, again there's the Haystack, then you need to dive in some circles with the parachute that you get at the finish of the second Haystack, and you finish the minigame when you get in the final checkpoint that you find after you dived across the circles.

That's an idea, it will take long to the players to finish the minigame, but it will be fun. You can also add some info about what you need to do after you finish the Haystacks.

I also like the idea of adding the Haystack to LVP man world, with respawning after a regular range of time.
omg quite awesome, ill use MoveObject when i create some containers at my BunnyTrack mapĀ  >:)

btw is there any limit of "MoveObject" command?
Nope
I think it's a bad idea to put it in the world. Would suck for someone with a not-so-good computer to have to lag to crap whenever they drive nearby! :+
Really good idea but not in main world