Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Extreme Metal
Good thing I knew the lyrics to Lord of the Rings tonight :P
They almost didn't play Valhalla tonight but the crowd started singing the chorus before they were about to start The Bard's Song, so BG were pretty well convinced into playing it again!
I wish there were a third night I could see them!
Haha, yeah they put on a great gig don't they? It was without a doubt my best experience at Wacken.
I haven't seen a better live band- and I've seen a few fairly good live bands.
Then again I can't think of any bands off the top of my head I've seen live that I like more than Blind Guardian. Queensryche in '09 come close but I don't listen to anything post-Empire of theirs, whereas Blind Guardian's 2010 album (At the Edge of Time) is incredible.
I also got a signed poster and got to shake Hansi's hand!
Really? Man that's great. Too bad I didn't have the chance to do that at WOA. Also, I've listened to every album that was recommended by now. Is there another good rec out there for me to check out?
Bastard Maddo :( Im jealous :P Glad ya had fun next time they come if they ever do again Im going :D
Blind Guardian's recent setlists have been great- I took a look at the Wacken 2011 one and it's only really missing and Then There was Silence.
I can't remember exactly what I've recommended, do you mind taking the time to make a list?
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris (though I think you've already heard it)
Psycroptic - Scepter of the Ancients
Dead Letter Opener - Lumen
Blut Aus Nord - 777 Sect(s), sweet 2011 album, very dark.
Kiuas - The Spirit of Ukko
Ocean Machine - Biomech
Devin Townsend Band - Terria
Orphaned Land - Mabool, The Never Ending Way of ORWarriOR
Borknagar - Empiricism, The Olden Domain

There may be a couple there I haven't recommended yet, but I'll be more thorough if you make a list.
I just talked to my dad and his going to buy me some CDs for my birthday because their is nothing I need persae, So I plan to buy some Blind Guardian & Kamelot mainly thought about getting some Iced Earth also because I had a listern and they sound quite good :)
There are a few I hadn't checked out yet in that list. I'll see what I've listened to already when I get home. Lykathea Aflame is one I haven't listened yet actually, and the same goes for Dead Letter Opener, Psycroptic, Blut Aus Nord (I believe I have an album though), Ocean Machine and Borknagar.

Saturnus - Paradise Belongs To You

Saturnus - Rain Wash Me (With Lyrics)
Saturnus are hella kewl.
I remember someone saying they're like a more interesting My Dying Bride- I haven't listened to either for a while but solid death/doom's great when you're in the mood for it.
Yeah, was a good listen. I don't really listen to a lot of doom metal, though I love the occasional Candlemass.
Do you happen to have any more great black metal bands for me? I'm merely aiming for something that sounds like Istapp or Windir. A great deal of melody, etc.