Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

'Special' Beta testing tomorrow (Sunday 24th)
TransporterX said he'll need a few testers tomorrow (evening) I guess - he slapped it in the topic of #lvp.beta at the end where no one would see it and said he would make a thread on here... but surprise surprise theres a lack of communication from the Devs to the rest of the world :P

So, just bringing it to people attentions that if you're around tomorrow evening on the interwebs can you keep an eye on #lvp.beta.

A rough time would be nice too TransporterX :)

Love, bubbles
Only if someone makes /admin available. Testing isn't fun without admin rights.
(01-23-2010, 09:38 PM)Mark link Wrote:Only if someone makes /admin available. Testing isn't fun without admin rights.

lol

I'll see if im there, if it aint too late ill join
You don't take part in a beta test to play around with admin rights. Those rights are only granted for testing purposes and should not be used for anything else.
(01-24-2010, 12:08 AM)Jay link Wrote:You don't take part in a beta test to play around with admin rights. Those rights are only granted for testing purposes and should not be used for anything else.

That, and I'll be around probably. Just poke me

... with your disco stick.
The only benefit of /admin on the beta server is for access to money and teleports...

I mentioned to TrannyX last night that a few properties on the ship for $1 and pay 2 million a minute and unlimited TP's would make testing a much simpler process - esp as testing as a player and admin are 2 very different things.

Either way the testing tomorrow will involve people not being admins, and might be a bit of fun too, which is a bonus. So if you're around make a little effort ;-)
(01-24-2010, 12:08 AM)Jay link Wrote:You don't take part in a beta test to play around with admin rights. Those rights are only granted for testing purposes and should not be used for anything else.
That's what I am telling, they are only needed for money and teleport! The test server uses some different database and because of that my name isn't registered which means no money in bank as well. "/fetch me plz" gets annoying too, I suppose.
If we all test with admin rights, we wouldn't see any difference between the players and the crew. Bugs which occur with players wouldn't be found.
This 'special' beta testing session as been moved to Wednesday (27th) aparently - going by the #lvp.topic