Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

How do i find out a games source coded
i want to mod this game with someone but we dont know the source code, we wan t make it better fix bugs edit ai to make it better and swap a few things around
I presume you mean SA:MP's source code? Yeah, that isn't available to anyone outside the SA:MP dev team. :P
(01-17-2010, 11:47 PM)Phyc0 link Wrote:I presume you mean SA:MP's source code? Yeah, that isn't available to anyone outside the SA:MP dev team. :P

no if it was samp. i say if it was. its indiana jones. call me sad but i love that game
I don't think you can legally get a source code without the owners / developers giving it out.
(01-18-2010, 12:10 AM)Munch link Wrote:I don't think you can legally get a source code without the owners / developers giving it out.
ok thanks i thik i know a way now
(01-18-2010, 12:19 AM)fisher 2 link Wrote:ok thanks i thik i know a way now
Illegally, yes. But how? ;)
Hm sorry to burst your bubble, but if you guys even cant reach the source code of an application i doubt you'll have the knowledge and skill to actually edit it without fucking everything up.

If its just for the practisting and editing part you could maybe try on open source software first :P
(01-18-2010, 02:25 PM)Hitman link Wrote:Hm sorry to burst your bubble, but if you guys even cant reach the source code of an application i doubt you'll have the knowledge and skill to actually edit it without fucking everything up.

If its just for the practisting and editing part you could maybe try on open source software first :P

I would suggest Unreal Development Kit, based on the UnrealEngine 3. I'm not really into scripting so I can't tell much about its scripting but making maps with its editor is awesome - all for free, so take the opportunity and try it out! :P