Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

HDD crash Win 7 OEM :(
Yes. My 1,5 months old Seagate Barracuda 1,5TB 32MB HDD gave the click of death. It worked fine untill today and then *PLORK* ded.

Now i got Win7 x64 OEM on it, apparently (i just found out) this is for 1 setup only=>so if i crash or reformat, i lose my money?

If seagate was a man i'd kick him in the nuts...TWICE :(!

That doesnt affect your license. You're still allowed to install, reformat your OS as many times as you want.

You're just not allowed to install it on another computer.
Cool. I'll buy an SSD and try it out after Xmas  >:).

No more clicks of death for me  :w
(12-22-2009, 10:26 PM)Hitman link Wrote: You're just not allowed to install it on another computer.
Even though your not allowed, would it still be possible for me to use somebody elses Windows 7 CD etc, and install it on my new PC and have no problems?
If you have your own Windows 7 key it should work..

Ofcourse your key gotta be legal :P
Ehh.. I don't know if this applies only to XP, but didn't each CD come with an unique key in order to minimize piracy? I'm not sure, but at least it was like that with XP (I mean when the key prompt pops up, because you obviously can bypass it and activate it later with a loader or anything, just want to make sure of the CD key part)
It can be used as many times as you want on the same computer, but if you do change the motherboard...it will detect it as a new computer.
i had 2 500gb seagate drives die too..
I'm using Western Digital drives now  ;)
(12-27-2009, 03:37 AM)Carcass link Wrote: i had 2 500gb seagate drives die too..
I'm using Western Digital drives now  ;)

I had 3 hdd deaths in the last 6 months, all on a different computer. The first two were +4 years (Fujitsu and WD<=the first one i bought to replace this one was broken too :+), i still have a seagate around here thats probably 10 years old (10 GB tho) and still working. But I think the competition to make cheap + fast HDD storage is killing quality lately (mostly on Seagate's side).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRev...&Keywords=

And NO i dont abuse my laptops/computers O-).

So i'm going for Intel X-25 M-G2 :9~
Works like a dream. I got my old hdd replaced for free with a WD one :D and bought an ssd for my os...installed win7 in a couple of mins, activated it and oh it goes fast :o! Tnx for the license info guys :)!

*Problem solved, lock and away it is  :P.