Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Buying a computer
(11-11-2009, 08:07 PM)Munch link Wrote:I meant buying Alienware would be best, but because it'll be unlikely he'll be buying Alienware, he shouldn't buy a pre-built computer because they're usually crap. Although I dunno if building an Alienware system from scratch would be possible.

A custom built computer will always be better quality than a PoS Alienware.
Maybe this looks intresting:

[Image: 2iwac2f.jpg]

649,67 EUR
(11-13-2009, 11:40 PM)Jordi link Wrote:If it costs more than a pre-built you're doing something really wrong.

It depends on the pre-built computer you'll be comparing to the custom computer. If I built a computer from scratch (like I did with this, costing £600) and there was a pre-built computer going for say £500, would that be wrong? Only if the custom computer is only slightly better, or the extra money was used on like a nice new monitor to go with it or something like that.

(11-13-2009, 11:49 PM)cloakster link Wrote:A custom built computer will always be better quality than a PoS Alienware.

True. Perhaps Alienware is a bit overrated?
(11-14-2009, 04:47 AM)Munch link Wrote:It depends on the pre-built computer you'll be comparing to the custom computer. If I built a computer from scratch (like I did with this, costing £600) and there was a pre-built computer going for say £500, would that be wrong? Only if the custom computer is only slightly better, or the extra money was used on like a nice new monitor to go with it or something like that.

True. Perhaps Alienware is a bit overrated?

Jordi is talking about comparing a pre-built and a custom built of similar or the same specs. Obviously if the specs are completely different, the costs are gonna be different too.

Alienware isn't just a BIT overrated, its insanely overrated. Just as overrated as the stupid 'Monster' brand cables are :P
(11-14-2009, 07:14 AM)cloakster link Wrote:Jordi is talking about comparing a pre-built and a custom built of similar or the same specs. Obviously if the specs are completely different, the costs are gonna be different too.

(11-14-2009, 04:47 AM)Munch link Wrote:It depends on the pre-built computer you'll be comparing to the custom computer. If I built a computer from scratch (like I did with this, costing £600) and there was a pre-built computer going for say £500, would that be wrong? Only if the custom computer is only slightly better, or the extra money was used on like a nice new monitor to go with it or something like that.

Yeah I know what he meant :)

(11-14-2009, 07:14 AM)cloakster link Wrote:Alienware isn't just a BIT overrated, its insanely overrated. Just as overrated as the stupid 'Monster' brand cables are :P

Well yeah they are. A custom built computer if built good enough can do better than Alienware for much less than the Alienware systems cost.