Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

FIFA World Cup 2010 topic
Here's a topic for the World Cup that'll take place between June 11th to July 11th in 2010.

Football banter is okay but no flaming or throwing useless comments everywhere, please.

The World Cup draw will take place on December 4th and when I get the chance, I'll post the draws on this post. Someone else can post the draw if they beat me to it but since they can't edit my posts they'll have to wait for me.

Enjoy! And remember, these are country teams, so while we were insulting eachother's clubs back in the other (locked) topic, you'll now be insulting the team representing a country and could leed to unwanted e-atmosphere.

FIFA World Cup 2010 has been drawn, here are the groups:

GROUP A:

South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

GROUP B:

Argentina
Nigeria
Korea Republic
Greece

GROUP C (EASY GROUP):

England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

GROUP D:

Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

GROUP E:

Netherlands
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

GROUP F:

Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

GROUP G (TOUGH GROUP):

Brazil
Korea DPR
Ivory Coast
Portugal

GROUP H:

Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile

This topic will only really matter next Summer though, but when that time comes, good luck to your country (if it's there)! Should be some great football this year round :)
lol we're in the playoffs...what a joke, we started real bad and only "started" (I say it inside quotes because we didn't even do our best) playing in the final games. And dw, I'll post the draw (if Portugal passes, which I believe we will.
sup with england this year, there going too the WK or?
What do you guys think of South Africa?

I went to Bern last year taste the spirit while Holland won with 3 - 0 from Italy. It was freakin' awesome:

[img width=600]http://files.uploadffs.com/d/39d4dfec/fotosek2008046.jpg[/img]
[img width=600]http://files.uploadffs.com/1/41921429/fotosek2008138.jpg[/img]
[img width=600]http://files.uploadffs.com/7/a42973e0/fotosek2008163.jpg[/img]
[img width=600]http://files.uploadffs.com/1/c3761622/fotosek2008182.jpg[/img]

The atmosphere was great, everybody was happy, I've talked with dozens of Swiss dudes, Italian dudes. Nobody was fucking around. Just as a party should be (yes, I hate that childish stupid hooligan behaviour).

*O*

But, if I'm surfing the internet, the only thing I read is bad news from South Africa. You can't walk there alone, at night, unless you want to get robbed. So I'm wondering if a WC in such a country will run smoothly. The fans will be nice I guess, just like in Bern. But the security of the players must be sick, etc. What do you guys think of this?

I think that depends on the area of the country. Just like it's dangerous to walk alone in the middle of Central Park at night, while you could be safe walking in Times Square. And of course, because of the World Cup there will be a lot more police on the street.
(11-12-2009, 02:26 PM)StickZ link Wrote: sup with england this year, there going too the WK or?

England qualified with ease...there were still 2 games to go, and infact on the game before the last two we only needed a point.

The England squad was stupid though for playing Gerrard in the last game, knowing how injured he is and that the game was completely pointless...but what I find funny is Rafa always complains about how the international managers play his stars (Gerrard and Torres) and asks them to not play them, yet in the same time he plays them (okay Gerrard only had a bit of play, but Torres had quite a bit...and right after they announced he needed an op!)

Note that Gerrard and Torres (along most of the club) are injured :)
*DOUBLE POST* *BUMP*

The 2010 World Cup draw was done today, I updated the first post. I'll update the first post with the teams going through once the World Cup starts.

As said in the start post, good luck to your country this Summer if your country is in it.
lol may be easy but knowing England they will probably fuck up.
(12-05-2009, 01:55 AM)Alpha link Wrote: lol may be easy but knowing England they will probably fuck up.

Under Capello? Nah I don't think so. We need players like Rooney to not get injured in the PL. As much as I hate that guy he's an important player for England.
GO MEXICO :D